Considering a 73 FJ40 in Austin... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI Guys,
I live in Louisville, KY area and I've come across a 73 FJ40 in the Austin area. Hoping someone would be willing to take a look at it for me. It's listed on FB Marketplace, so maybe someone has already looked at it? If you would be willing to take a look, please send me a message. I really appreciate it. Thanks!

This one I assume. It’s been for sale for a while here. I can swing by this weekend for you, but I’m probably the least experienced of the 40 owners in this group.

If it's in north Austin, I can check it out for you. Looks very original. I'd look for rust penetration on the floor pan and frame. Most of the pics look like it's surface rust. Everything else can be fixed.

Are you looking to drive it as-is (survivor) or a restoration/restomod?

If it's in north Austin, I can check it out for you. Looks very original. I'd look for rust penetration on the floor pan and frame. Most of the pics look like it's surface rust. Everything else can be fixed.

If Rosedale is North Austin, yeah.

Let me know when you're going, we can go together.

A.J

Sure, trying to get @Sea Knight to go too since he lives nearby.

Are we having a cruiser meet up in Rosedale for the central Austin folks?

For those of us that cannot attend please post a copious amount of photos so that we can give our 2 cents.

@grizzleyclassics i am now emotionally invested in this 40 series with you.

Afternoon? I’m in, gentlemen. Any excuse to see @Sea Knight in action. Billy’s anyone?

Beer, burgers, Gonzo's 62, and we get to knit pick a 40? Sweet. What time?
I’d nitpic, but I just bought a different (1974), so I can get rid of the aqualu tub on my 1974.

235CCAF6-4939-4101-B1BC-577C0E9F3867.jpeg

A907D9B6-2D6E-4CF8-A865-0F15867D0F78.jpeg

6AC30DB4-B1B5-45AE-A085-800AEF922F29.jpeg

843F0D49-54FC-4370-AD04-759A637141B8.jpeg

Pretty sure I saw this truck pull out of an apartment complex off of Duval this morning. Nice looking truck! Guess I was late to the meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom