What did you do on your 70 series today? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time to clean up battery tray area. Did rust removal. Respray of fender area and tray supports with some new OEM hardware here and there for good measure. Omitted the never used headlight cleaner reservoir to free up space for tbd electrical accessory control hub.

PXL_20210704_193319042.jpg

PXL_20210707_015508963.jpg

After installing a new antenna and starting the Auber gauge install (just routed the sensor wires, need to get some small gage wire for power and make a face-plate), I gave it, it's semi annual wash...this color is awesome as it hardly ever looks that dirty.
IMG_20210710_194724681.jpg

It's been a busy week. Finished a complete knuckle job, rebuilt both front calipers with the OEM rebuild kit, new rotors, new pads, new TREs, new damper, new sway bar bushings, new shocks, and new OEM mud flaps.

28F742BF-C1E7-4CA4-B868-637531447DA5.jpeg

BF50F4DD-7F71-48D9-BF33-CC59BE1A6594.jpeg

541A55F5-A75A-4DAB-BEF7-59B828E85279.jpeg

I bet he was looking in his rear view mirror thinking “I wish I had a 70 Series”. 😁
7597561C-DF27-4501-A688-A274DBB983A2.jpeg

Got the fancy seat! At age 50 I finally know how a car seat should feel. Not due to the adjustable lumbar and upper bolsters and seat, which are great, but the fact that this was just plain sized for tall people. My god what a difference. No more being hunched into a C-shape by the top of the backrest hitting my shoulder blades.

6A4AC6CD-9EF5-4CD6-A49F-D3177E4E5366_1_201_a.jpeg

This is the Vario F XXL with no heating or armrest or electrical toys, just the basic seat, which helped keep the price down. Still expensive as hell, but worth it for me and my two back surgeries. Also feel super connected now with the handling. Finally understand why racers are so finicky about their seats.

Got the fancy seat! At age 50 I finally know how a car seat should feel. Not due to the adjustable lumbar and upper bolsters and seat, which are great, but the fact that this was just plain sized for tall people. My god what a difference. No more being hunched into a C-shape by the top of the backrest hitting my shoulder blades.

View attachment 2730258

This is the Vario F XXL with no heating or armrest or electrical toys, just the basic seat, which helped keep the price down. Still expensive as hell, but worth it for me and my two back surgeries. Also feel super connected now with the handling. Finally understand why racers are so finicky about their seats.
Sooo nice man! I’ve been trying to get a pair for my BJ74 for a while now but they never emailed me back about my inquiry

Sooo nice man! I’ve been trying to get a pair for my BJ74 for a while now but they never emailed me back about my inquiry
If you're in the U.S. just go to the U.S. website and fill out the contact form... and the man there is Toby. He replied promptly and was good throughout the process. So in my case, the seats were made in Germany, shipped to Miami, then forwarded down here to Panama. I got the mounting bracket from PlantedTechnology, but if you go with them make sure you get the sold separately bolts, washers and nuts. I thought they'd be included but not so. I wasn't about to just put in any old bolt in such a crucial place. If you can spare the coin, it's a game changer and worth it. Cheers!

If you're in the U.S. just go to the U.S. website and fill out the contact form... and the man there is Toby. He replied promptly and was good throughout the process. So in my case, the seats were made in Germany, shipped to Miami, then forwarded down here to Panama. I got the mounting bracket from PlantedTechnology, but if you go with them make sure you get the sold separately bolts, washers and nuts. I thought they'd be included but not so. I wasn't about to just put in any old bolt in such a crucial place. If you can spare the coin, it's a game changer and worth it. Cheers!
Thanks for the heads up Philip! I love In Miami so good to hear they ship here, so the mounting points are bought separately ?

Thanks for the heads up Philip! I love In Miami so good to hear they ship here, so the mounting points are bought separately ?
So here's the deal... assuming you want an adjustable seat, you buy the seat with sliders. when you get the big box in the mail, you need to do some basic assembly: attach the headrest (and any other options) then attach the sliders to the seat. the instructions are not the best for a rookie like me, but just go slow and it gets done. now you have to attach the sliders (and seat) to the vehicle, which is why you need the special bracket, which is specifically made to attach this particular seat to your particular ride. it's an adapter. that is bought separately from the seat, and as i said, make sure you get the proper bolts and stuff while you're ordering the bracket.

The mounts require some modifying. Planted doesn't make a 70-series specific mount. (I have some Scheel-Manns in my Troopy)

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm very new here in the forum.
noob question:
Just acquired an LJ71 with 3inch lift, planning to go back to stock height and looking for a stock shocks and coils for LJ71.
What other alternative coils and shocks that might fit to LJ71?

TIA:)

Wildfires out West and family complications have caused me to replace my trip to Idaho with repeated forays to hospital in Washington DC. Many friendly talks sparked by BJ74 at the 10,267 traffic lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom