. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Hi can anyone help im from australia and ordered $800 worth of stuff from witts end in usa on line about 6 weeks ago. I got a invoice through email but other then that i havent heard or seen anything. No tracking number. I tried ringing witts end 50 times on their open hour time zone and just goes to answering machine. Iv left messages sent emails contacted Joey on messanger with no reply. I know joey at witts end has a great reputation with his products and witts end name so i was wondering if anyone knows if somthing went wrong with witts end or if hes gone away . So if anyone can share some light with whats going on on the other end would be so helpful or if you know any other way i could maybe contact him thanks for any help

Hey it may take few days to a week to ship. He will get it to you, if you see his Instagram, he is a one man show doing the shop to help all of his land cruiser folks and dealing with family life.

I know you said you've emailed him. Have your tried Facebook or twitter? I know with COVID a lot of international things are going super slow. I'm waiting on a product from him coming from Australia. Also on the wits end site, what does your order status say? (awaiting fulfillment, shipped, or complete) Lastly, you can tag him in this thread @NLXTACY

Jesus. I’m not doing this again. As soon as I get back home this will be refunded.

why don’t people read before ordering? I don’t get it sometimes. Clearly posted on the site:

NOTE: Although these are back in production they will not be shipping until end of April 2021 (currently at powder coat) for batch #1 which are sold out. Batch #2 will be ready in late July with spots still available. Once sold out these will NOT be going back into production until the END of 2021. Please plan accordingly.

Jesus. I’m not doing this again. As soon as I get back home this will be refunded.

why don’t people read before ordering? I don’t get it sometimes. Clearly posted on the site:

NOTE: Although these are back in production they will not be shipping until end of April 2021 (currently at powder coat) for batch #1 which are sold out. Batch #2 will be ready in late July with spots still available. Once sold out these will NOT be going back into production until the END of 2021. Please plan accordingly.
Now that's customer service! Nice!

I would advise to do what I just did, if possible. Also after ordering from Wit's End recently, my first ever order, I also failed to get what I ordered within a reasonable amount of time. The items were always "awaiting fulfillment"

No response to my communications from Wits End. I then requested a refund. No response. I am fine with delays but that has to be communicated. See my build thread which includes significant purchases that took many months to receive...

To solve this issue, I went to the original manufacturer and asked if there was an issue with buying their parts from Wits End. He got a response from Wits End immediately, unlike myself. Wits End then promised to refund my money (hasn't yet). I am letting my credit card company handle it at this point.

BTW, I was able to get what I wanted within 3 business days from the original manufacturer, who was willing to send me the items for free until Wits End made good. (Edited to add that I declined his offer to send them for free....I paid for them...it was nice for him to offer, but I didn't think he should take the hit for a problem between myself and Wits End..I just wanted the items so I could continue my build...)

If you wait too long, you could lose your rights to dispute a transaction with your credit card company. In my case, the amount was minor but I am not in the habit of loaning a business money either and forgoing my rights as a consumer.

In the US, a vendor is obligated to ship within 30 days once they have accepted payment and if they don't, give a refund automatically after 30 the days has passed. There are exceptions to the 30 day rule but they must be stated right up front. This is governed by the FTC and can be read here: Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule - https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/mail-internet-or-telephone-order

Last edited:
I would advise to do what I just did, if possible. Also after ordering from Wit's End recently, my first ever order, I also failed to get what I ordered within a reasonable amount of time. The items were always "awaiting fulfillment"

No response to my communications from Wits End. I then requested a refund. No response. I am fine with delays but that has to be communicated. See my build thread which includes significant purchases that took many months to receive...

To solve this issue, I went to the original manufacturer and asked if there was an issue with buying their parts from Wits End. He got a response from Wits End immediately, unlike myself. Wits End then promised to refund my money (hasn't yet). I am letting my credit card company handle it at this point.

BTW, I was able to get what I wanted within 3 business days from the original manufacturer, who was willing to send me the items for free until Wits End made good.

If you wait too long, you could lose your rights to dispute a transaction with your credit card company. In my case, the amount was minor but I am not in the habit of loaning a business money either and forgoing my rights as a consumer.

In the US, a vendor is obligated to ship within 30 days once they have accepted payment and if they don't, give a refund automatically after 30 the days has passed. There are exceptions to the 30 day rule but they must be stated right up front. This is governed by the FTC and can be read here: Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule - https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/mail-internet-or-telephone-order
Ouch

BTW, I was able to get what I wanted within 3 business days from the original manufacturer, who was willing to send me the items for free until Wits End made good.

So you got your product and still disputed charges? That’s called theft my friend.

I ordered some IN STOCK products on Thursday and they were boxed up same day. When I PRE-ORDER products I don’t call and harass mud vendors because I know I will get them as soon as physically possible. I pre ordered my chain tensioner, I knew it would be a long wait when I ordered it. Maybe I get in in a week maybe it’s another month. I have always received my pre-orders as soon as Joey could physically ship them.
2C079338-F423-42F0-A16D-7E49A47D85F4.png

If you don’t like how he does business then take your business elsewhere. The beauty of the free market. AFAIK from any of these threads there hasn’t been anything akin to scamming or dishonesty, it’s just delays. never have ordered from wits but it seems he does some really special stuff that took balls to jump into.

Some advice, the customers are always ignorant and rude, don’t risk your image by responding with anything less courtesy, no matter how b*llsh1t it is. Improves your image by taking the high road. Today you might say “screw the rude ones I don’t want their business, I have plenty, they can deal with my comments”, but when times are tough having a larger customer base pays off.

OK So I know there has got to be a thread about the Research and Development that happens by a VERY VERY SMALL number of Mud venders. See an 80 Series is old, has a long list of discontinued parts, and has people customizing and designing parts to fix weaknesses that take sometimes 20 years to detect in this platform. It is a common mistake to accidentally get an 80 with expectations of a 200 series where you can grab parts at any dealer. If you require a customized part immediately from a vendor who has to plan production runs and secure supplies and processing, then you may have purchased the wrong vehicle. Sure we all get lucky when they have extras and ship the next day etc, but come-on.... it is a customized part! If it isn't a customized part and you can get it some other place faster, knock yourself out. Understand the Mud Vendor might be dedicated to a different supply chain and they are NOT trying to screw you over.

Now I feel dirty about participating in a chit-chat customer service thread in the tech section.

I dont know why everyone is jumping up and down . If you read my first post all i wanted to know if i can get in contact with joey as i do understand he is having life commitments and one of the parts i ordered is still in production but the other parts were in stock so i thought he might ship them together when the other part is complete but i tried to get in contact with him to ask if he could send the parts that he had in stock first and the other part when ready as the other parts i need but the part still getting manufactured i can wait for and was aware of the delay for that part . So not saying anyone is at fualt here but all i asked was how can i get in contact with wits end just to ask him a question but some of you act like as if a bomb has landed

I do understand about the part getting manufactured but i was refering to the other parts sorry i didnt make my self clear on my first post . All i wanted to do was ask you if the parts have been sent yet and if they havent because you were going to maybe send them together well i was going to ask you if you could send the other parts first then the other part when its ready . I dont know why your getting mad for trying to contact u to ask a simple question

So you got your product and still disputed charges? That’s called theft my friend.
Not sure how you got there. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I fully paid twice for the same items. Once at Wits End, and once at the original vendor, long after I ordered from Wits End.

I didn't think the original vendor should send them to me for free, so I paid him as well. I am now disputing the charges for the items I paid for, but did not receive from Wits End.

So not saying anyone is at fualt here but all i asked was how can i get in contact with wits end just to ask him a question but some of you act like as if a bomb has landed
This is a big problem with criticizing Wits End here. You have a ton of previous customers defending Wits End. I did a search a while back and this was the pattern:

1) Witz End customer asks for help to get in contact with Wits End for an order, exhausting all other means of communication.
2) Previous Customers pile on and say "we got our stuff...you just gotta wait.."
3) Witz End posts..."Not Again"..."Refund"...
4) Previous Customers then say..."Great Customer Service..."

It is funny how repeatable the above is....lol...It is actually sad. I don't know of another vendor on ih8mud that this pattern exists..

This is why I decided to go to the original vendor rather than post here. I only posted here to let you know I am having the same issue and make sure you don't let the deadlines expire for your rights as a consumer.

This is a big problem with criticizing Wits End here. You have a ton of previous customers defending Wits End. I did a search a while back and this was the pattern:

1) Witz End customer asks for help to get in contact with Wits End for an order, exhausting all other means of communication.
2) Previous Customers pile on and say "we got our stuff...you just gotta wait.."
3) Witz End posts..."Not Again"..."Refund"...
4) Previous Customers then say..."Great Customer Service..."

It is funny how repeatable the above is....lol...It is actually sad. I don't know of another vendor on ih8mud that this pattern exists..

This is why I decided to go to the original vendor rather than post here. I only posted here to let you know I am having the same issue and make sure you don't let the deadlines expire for your rights as a consumer.
You ordered a bag of bolts.

Bag of bolts didn’t ship exactly when you wanted bag of bolts.

Wits’ End doesn’t produce bag of bolts.

Wits’ End procures bag of bolts from another source.

Other source delays shipment because EVERYONE is delaying shipments.

You get agro and want a refund.

Refund given and two minutes later you do a PayPal chargeback.

Chargeback was denied because you were already refunded thru normal means.

You still go agro over a bag of bolts and use every opportunity you can to post whatever you can to try and smear Wits’ End over a…

Bag. Of. Literal. Bolts.

Now you feel scorned and are fighting the good fight for the downtrodden. You are a hero.

Meanwhile, Wits’ End shipped 24,400 packages to date. If you are all pissy then you are .00001%

Wits’ End is not going to cry over your bag of bolts.

You ordered a bag of bolts.

Bag of bolts didn’t ship exactly when you wanted bag of bolts.

Wits’ End doesn’t produce bag of bolts.

Wits’ End procures bag of bolts from another source.

Other source delays shipment because EVERYONE is delaying shipments.

You get agro and want a refund.

Refund given and two minutes later you do a PayPal chargeback.

Chargeback was denied because you were already refunded thru normal means.

You still go agro over a bag of bolts and use every opportunity you can to post whatever you can to try and smear Wits’ End over a…

Bag. Of. Literal. Bolts.

Now you feel scorned and are fighting the good fight for the downtrodden. You are a hero.

Meanwhile, Wits’ End shipped 24,400 packages to date. If you are all pissy then you are .00001%

Wits’ End is not going to cry over your bag of bolts.

WTF?

Just communicate....but not the way you just did it. lol Be a bit more professional. ;)

So many things wrong with your post.....

I have probably spent up to $10K in the last few months at various vendors including Delta VS, and Rugged Bound. See my build post...

Do you really think I am concerned about $113? lol. Check my build thread....I will be probably be between $20K to $30K once I am done..

With me, it was more about the lack of communication than anything...I am very happy to support small vendors...

You were the next vendor that I was about to spend a ton of money, but you couldn't handle a bag of bolts lol (it was actually 3). Says more about your business than me....

Again, it was really about communication (or lack of).

If you take payment for a product, you are obligated to ship that product within 30 days, unless a delay is stated up front. If you fail to ship said product, you must automatically process a refund, unless you get approval by the customer for further delay. This is as basic as 1 2 3....and a violation of the law if you fail to do so. Pissy has nothing to do it with it. This is how a functioning business is supposed to operate.

There was no delays from source for said "bag of bolts". I was able to pay for it and receive it within a few days.

I did a charge back after your refund failed to go through. I was sent a refund email by your web site, but it was just an email. Payment did not follow.

I waited a few business days to see if the refund actually posted and it did not. It was only at the point that I determined that your words were hollow that I did an official dispute. There are deadlines I have to abide by to protect my rights as a consumer. I am old enough and wise enough not to let those deadlines pass. Pissy has nothing to do with it. Before the OP posted, no one knew this actually happened..it was just between Witz End, *Overland Metric, and myself...

BTW, it wasn't a single bag of bolts, but 3.

BTW, it wasn't PayPal, but Google Pay.....

BTW, it wasn't two minutes later...but many business days later that I did a dispute... I have the email between myself, Overland Metric and you.

* Overland Metric was outstanding in their support...if you need metric bolts, just directly order from them and save yourself the hassle...

This should be locked and moved to the vendor forum - no tech content

Wits end has always done right by me and I’m very satisfied with the products and the service - they produce outstanding quality products complete down to every detail.

Can’t please 100% of the people 100% of the time - especially as a small one person business.

it’s worth messaging him directly on the wits end website. He’s always been responsive, though this is a long weekend here in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom