e85 Flex Fuel Conversion on 2007 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed my MAP ECU3 earlier in the week and a Borla exhaust today. After some tuning that brought my 0-60 and 1/4 mile times down to close to my fastest times ran last year. The caveat being that now I also have installed larger tires (285/65/18 now vs 285/60/18 before), a Dissent front bumper (aluminum), and a 12k winch while on 85-octane gasoline.

I ran my tank low and filled up with E85 again and now my truck just ran the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 miles I've ever recorded!

0-30 MPH0-60 MPH1/4 Mile
Last year's build, gasoline3.85 sec13.67 sec19.17 @ 68.09 MPH
Last year's build, E853.79 sec12.10 sec18.56 @ 71.74 MPH
New build, gasoline4.55 sec14.25 sec19.70 @ 68.40 MPH
New build, ECU tuning, gasoline4.20 sec13.26 sec19.24 @ 69.4 MPH
New build, ECU tuning, Borla exhaust, gasoline3.97 sec12.70 sec18.94 @ 70.19 MPH
New build, ECU tuning, Borla, E853.87 sec11.93 sec18.54 @ 72.50 MPH

I think I will turn over flex fuel control to the piggyback ECU and remove the eFlexFuel system but of course I need to buy another piece of hardware to do that...

X1954N3.jpg

NVkT1JD.jpg

jsTp7oI.jpg

HsV9yhT.png

m0sbFXY.jpg

mbs7NLO.png

I9g6ECf.png

Last edited:
Mine has definitely paid for itself by now. Especially if I were to use 91 when towing vs. regular gas. Buy one!
What's your website

Here's some real content: The truck runs great. Been wheeling almost every weekend since February. Been fixing some vapor leaks and refurbing my EVAP and my MPG shot up. I think I have over 30k miles on the kit now.

TiG2V8q.png

17MPG at 30-40% Ethanol. Yes please!

NBMRfVP.jpg

BJ5OCLs.jpg

2g9J8Vm.jpg

ATTsfCz.jpg

r5AbRff.jpg

HkhLu8R.jpg

YtC8Juz.jpg

qE4Z8JR.jpg

LYj70lG.jpg

UYRKPFF.jpg

j5jJBx3.jpg

QE55zqw.jpg

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Last edited:
Never would have thought I would be so happy to have an E85 conversion kit as I am now. Gas shortage? High prices? E85 still cheap and available.

84 cent delta! When I was calculating my savings I was using 40 cent delta between E85 and 85-octane regular gas.

Gas pumps out of order, E85 still full.

PXL_20210624_225019380.jpg

PXL_20210703_163349786.jpg

This is awesome. I've been scanning through this thread but couldn't find an exact answer (unless I totally miffed it).

I'm on the fence, mainly because I read that E85 can erode certain fuel system components (e.g. fuel level sensor, rendering your fuel gauge useless). Did you have to replace/upgrade any of these components? I'm looking to do just this for our 2006 GX470!

I didn't. Fuel gauge is still as accurate as ever. Those things are true of Methanol but not Ethanol. E85 by nature doesn't have as many of the organic compounds like benzene and whatnot and the high alcohol content makes it good at cleaning combustion chambers and oil galleries and fuel lines or fuel tanks out of crud but then that crud can cause problems downstream. It's usually recommended to replace the fuel filter after about 600-1000 miles from switching and also an oil change. I also bought refurbished fuel injectors around the time I installed the kit. So far so good. I did replace my fuel pump at about 240k because I noticed it losing pressure under high load. That's usually about standard for 06-07 fuel pumps anyway. I went with an AEM E85 rated pump which fit in the OEM location. It was way cheaper than OEM and also higher flow rate in case I do more mods. Amazon.com: AEM 50-1215 E85-Compatible High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump (340lph): Automotive - https://amzn.to/37JOCBL

I noticed the eFlexFuel kit jumped to about 2x the price! o_O They added a new app and new features and there are 3 models but I don't think it's worth the new price of nearly $600 for the base and $950 for the top model! Crazy. Finland Flex Fuel is another company I heard of that has a "V7" model which has the ethanol content sensor also. It is $300-400 depending on options. I ordered one for my wife's car.

I don't remember exactly when I installed it but it must have been at least 50k ago.

Check out my latest Blackstone report also :D

pb2SKCW.jpg

0G6bYHX.png

I didn't. Fuel gauge is still as accurate as ever. Those things are true of Methanol but not Ethanol. E85 by nature doesn't have as many of the organic compounds like benzene and whatnot and the high alcohol content makes it good at cleaning combustion chambers and oil galleries and fuel lines or fuel tanks out of crud but then that crud can cause problems downstream. It's usually recommended to replace the fuel filter after about 600-1000 miles from switching and also an oil change. I also bought refurbished fuel injectors around the time I installed the kit. So far so good. I did replace my fuel pump at about 240k because I noticed it losing pressure under high load. That's usually about standard for 06-07 fuel pumps anyway. I went with an AEM E85 rated pump which fit in the OEM location. It was way cheaper than OEM and also higher flow rate in case I do more mods. Amazon.com: AEM 50-1215 E85-Compatible High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump (340lph): Automotive - https://amzn.to/37JOCBL

I noticed the eFlexFuel kit jumped to about 2x the price! o_O They added a new app and new features and there are 3 models but I don't think it's worth the new price of nearly $600 for the base and $950 for the top model! Crazy. Finland Flex Fuel is another company I heard of that has a "V7" model which has the ethanol content sensor also. It is $300-400 depending on options. I ordered one for my wife's car.

I don't remember exactly when I installed it but it must have been at least 50k ago.

Check out my latest Blackstone report also :D

pb2SKCW.jpg

0G6bYHX.png

@J1000 - It is indeed much more expensive from your original post back in 2018. Everything goes up :(

Thanks for the quick reply and for the technical walkthrough/updates. This is likely the most in-depth documentation I've found about our 2UZ-FE motors!

eFlexFuel seems to only carry it for the 06 Toyota 4Runner V8, which shares the same motor as ours (there is no "Lexus GX470" option). Is it same to assume this kit is compatible?

Thanks again.

Niice! Gas prices by me were 6.29 (87), 6.49 (89) and 6.59 (91) this morning here in Los Angeles, CA (Chevron)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom