P0171 - CEL Troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup... going to order the parts from local dealership and pay the piper to get here ASAP. Buddy that is the tech will handle for me since it is something he has done multiple multiple times in the past. Make a quick and easy job of it and then hopefully it won't be chasing the next thing down the chain. I just want my truck back in good working order again, she's got all kinds of new shiny parts now!.

Ouch... Had to pay the piper on this one to get parts tomorrow. Intake to manifold Gasket (17171-50020) are $11.99/ea. on Partsouq, dealership price is $39/ea., Throttle Body Gasket ( 22271-50040) is $16.22/ea on Partsouq, dealership price is $32/ea., and Banjo Crush Washers for fuel rail (90430-12026) is $0.57/ea. on Partsouq, dealership price is $2.99/ea. :bang: :bang: :bang: But I guess that's the price I pay for being able to get tomorrow.

Alright she is purring like a kitten! Thanks to my buddy, we literally had everything off, cleaned up and back on with new manifold and throttle body gaskets in 1.5hrs. I was actually pretty astounded at how quick and relatively easy the job is. Took her for a nice long ride last night up the mountain to put her under some load then some freeway time and stop and go in town with a few different shut downs (one to stop and grab some dinner) and no more codes or anything.

Once we got the intake off he could tell that the last shop had reused my old gasket so the insulator between the two gaskets literally was broken and falling apart on both sides with drivers side being the worst, hence the P0171. Took special care to make sure that no pieces fell inside, cleaned up the mating surface and back together she went. Do some more driving around today but seems like she is tip top for my trip on Friday!! YEAH!!

Happy endings!

Alright she is purring like a kitten! Thanks to my buddy, we literally had everything off, cleaned up and back on with new manifold and throttle body gaskets in 1.5hrs. I was actually pretty astounded at how quick and relatively easy the job is. Took her for a nice long ride last night up the mountain to put her under some load then some freeway time and stop and go in town with a few different shut downs (one to stop and grab some dinner) and no more codes or anything.

Once we got the intake off he could tell that the last shop had reused my old gasket so the insulator between the two gaskets literally was broken and falling apart on both sides with drivers side being the worst, hence the P0171. Took special care to make sure that no pieces fell inside, cleaned up the mating surface and back together she went. Do some more driving around today but seems like she is tip top for my trip on Friday!! YEAH!!
Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom