41699 original mile Stout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.damianlillardtoyota.com
Crazy story. The original owner bought this 1967 Stout at some dealership in WA state in 1967, had it 6 years and traded it in at Longview Toyota in Longview WA in 1973. The owner of the dealership ("Toyota Joe" Hutchings") kept it and tucked it away in his shop for almost half a century. He had it repainted once about 25 years ago. Toyota Corporate heard about it and asked if they could put it in a container and ship it to Hawaii in 2007 for a Toyota dealer meeting in Honolulu. He agreed and the little truck made the journey, then was tucked back away. Pretty original, right down to an OEM windshield and all original glass still intact.
Not really a tech thread, but thought it was interesting enough to share. My first day of work at Longview Toyota in 1999 I tried to buy this truck from the owner. I was a broke salesman walking to work. He told me to go to hell. 22 years of working my ass off later, I was able to buy my own Toyota dealership. I found the truck and bought it for my showroom floor. All is well that ends well.

stout1.jpg

stout2.jpg

stout3.jpg

Amazing! What a story. Those little trucks are exceptionally cool.

That's an amazing Stout. So cool you were able to buy it after all the years and display in your dealership!

Any pics of under the hood? I have a 67 i`m trying to get running again and yours is a great original reference. Are you able to track down parts, or stock any?

Thanks for sharing!

That's an amazing Stout. So cool you were able to buy it after all the years and display in your dealership!

Any pics of under the hood? I have a 67 i`m trying to get running again and yours is a great original reference. Are you able to track down parts, or stock any?

Thanks for sharing!
I’ll get more pics up soon. Got busy and forgot about this forum. Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom