Made some new stickers and I cant stop snickering at them (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_9654 2.jpg

I gotta snicker at how a lot of you LX470 guys feel it's necessary to tell everyone that your LX470 is "basically a Land Cruiser"

Like you guys a have some kind of inferiority complex.

I can't count the number of times I've been filling up and some LX470, 4runner or Sequoia guy feels they need to tell me that their truck is basically the same as mine. At least the LX guys are somewhat right, but sheesh why didn't you just get a cruiser if it was gonna bother you that much. :hmm:

Last edited:
I gotta snicker at how a lot of you LX470 guys feel it's necessary to tell everyone that your LX470 is "basically a Land Cruiser"

I can't count the number of times I've been filling up and some LX470, 4runner or Sequoia guy feels they need to tell me that their truck is basically the same as mine. At least the LX guys are somewhat right, but sheesh why didn't you just get a cruiser if it was gonna bother you that much. :hmm:
You are aware of the concept of self-aware humor, right?

I like the humor of it. I ordered one just to have it as a hoot. I do get asked about the kind of truck that I'm driving at least once a month. I get a lot of looks and thumbs up from other 4x4 drivers.

The funniest question that I got at this gas station one time was from a guy who wanted to know if the truck was something that I imported from "across the waters".

I guess it depends on the waters. Ha! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1624458363014.png

Last edited:

Lol. Dang. Never thought a funny sticker laughing at the fact that we drive the same vehicle with different grills would upset a stranger so much.
But maybe you’re right. Maybe we don’t drive the same vehicle. After all I’ve never seen a “proper” land cruiser come with factory night vision like I’ve got in mine. But you know.
I just want a real landcruiser and I’m trying to compensate.

I like the humor of it. I ordered one just to have it as a hoot. I do get asked about the kind of truck that I'm driving at least once a month. I get a lot of looks and thumbs up from other 4x4 drivers.

The funniest question that I got at this gas station one time was from a guy who wanted to know if the truck was something that I imported from "across the waters".

I guess it depends on the waters. Ha! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

View attachment 2711937
Hahaha thank you for ordering one! I love the humor in the simple sticker!

I think it's funny. As a previous Land Cruiser owner and now LX owner, most people don't know what either one is. But the LX is the worst. Telling people it's a Land Cruiser is generally a shorter conversation than telling people it's a Lexus LX.

That said, I don't get the badge/nameplate concerns from either side. It's all marketing. Who cares?

Is the Cygnus a Land Cruiser? Is the Prado a Land Cruiser? Is the GX460 a Land Cruiser? Is the LX a Land Cruiser? Does anyone care? Haha.

Haha. You should see me when Im "upset". It's just a conclusion I've come to based on my experiences over the years of Land Cruiser ownership. Just seems to me that many, not all, LX drivers seem to feel a need to let me know that its basically the same as my truck. I just find it odd. What do they want my aproval? I mean cmon, I know its basically a land cruiser Im a cruiser guy.. I never said otherwise. 🙄

I'm going to order another one and put it on the Tacoma. Hehehe. :bounce:

I can't remember ever having to tell another cruiser owner that mine is also a cruiser, just in Lexus guise.
I do have to assure my local Toyota parts department every time that yes, an LX is basically a cruiser and they share almost all the parts!

I snicker at the people who call them trucks. But I get that that puts me in the minority on this board. I have an LX and a Tacoma, only one is a truck. For the SUV, I tell people it's a Lexus LX470. A few people know it's like a Land Cruiser and that's cool. Most probably think of something completely different, and that's cool too. I don't elaborate. Bottom line is it's a 20+ year old niche vehicle with a small cultish following. None of us are gaining any status with the general public with these vehicles.

I snicker at the people who call them trucks. But I get that that puts me in the minority on this board. I have an LX and a Tacoma, only one is a truck. For the SUV, I tell people it's a Lexus LX470. A few people know it's like a Land Cruiser and that's cool. Most probably think of something completely different, and that's cool too. I don't elaborate. Bottom line is it's a 20+ year old niche vehicle with a small cultish following. None of us are gaining any status with the general public with these vehicles.
You calling a Tacoma a truck is equally hilarious.

I spoke with two cruiser owners at Zion National Park today and both saw no difference between my LX and their LC. First guy let us have his parking spot in the visitor center lot (which was full) which allowed us to get on the shuttle and hike up to the Narrows. He was driving a rental but said he’d let us get his spot because he was a 100 owner too! Second guy stopped a few minutes later in his recently purchased 70k-mile 2002 LC. He had to ask us how many miles we had on our’s. He didn’t know about mud so hopefully he’ll join the club soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom