What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my new shift indicator and shifter installed. All parts ordered from PartSouq.

Position Indicator: 35921-60210 (35921-60180 is the correct part # but not available, more info here)
Shifting Hole Bezel: 58843-60010
Shift Lever: 33542-20160-C0
Shift Lock Release Button Cover: 33554-60100
How bad was the install???

How bad was the install???
Very easy install. There is one part that is super tedious where you have to disconnect two wires for the overdrive button and fish it through but I was prepped with a "pin extractor tool" from Amazon and they popped right out. I highly recommend watching this video on YouTube.

Position Indicator: 35921-60210 ($67.01)
Shifting Hole Bezel: 58843-60010 ($5.64)
Shift Lever: 33542-20160-C0 ($146.27)
Shift Lock Release Button Cover: 33554-60100 ($.90)

PartSouq has 1 shift lever in stock, they are also on ebay for slightly more.

Started my timing belt job tonight and ran into a little surprise right at the beginning. I hope this isn’t a sign of bad things to come…..

366E44CC-5481-4C7C-9DB4-67B896E1EB68.jpeg

This past Friday (6/11/2021) I dove in and swapped out my original radiator with the Mishimoto "Hi-Performance" all aluminum unit that I picked up last October. Original red had ~185k and looked ok, but the top tank was starting to brown and the upper hose inlet, was very degraded. I also took the time to put in new OEM heater-ts, hoses, and clamps. The heater t's had been replaced about 4 years ago, but I hadn't done the hoses, and I am glad I did as the hoses had hardened and I could see signs of minor seeping at all hose connects on the t's. I also replaced the lower radiator hose and thermostat housing cover. AS you can see from the photos, there was leaking at the connection. Not major, but enough, that over time the level in the reservoir very slowly dropped. I had installed new OEM thermostat, but it was bad out of the box and was not opening all the way. The scan gauge was showing coolant temps in mid to upper 190's, while running around town after the install was complete. I could even put my hand on the lower tank of the rad and lower intake hose with the system completely up to temp. Saturday morning I swapped in the OEM thermostat that I had removed, which only had ~21k miles on it. Once I installed and bled out all the of air, I didn't see temps over 188* while driving around town, with this exception of 190* once while sitting at a red light. Ambient temps were in the mid to upper 80's.

One other note, I did not use the Mishimoto provided radiator cap (19psi/1/3Bar), I used a new OEM radiator cap (16psi/1.1Bar).

A special thanks to @ramangain for assisting on install on Friday. His help and knowledge made things much easier and enjoyable.

New parts;
View attachment 2703283

Bad thermostat housing (inside of the hose looked just as bad);
View attachment 2703284

Trouble shooting for high coolant temp post install;
View attachment 2703286
View attachment 2703287

New (old) thermostat installed and bleeding system;
View attachment 2703288
Twas fun! A set of Kiwi pliers (large and small) and jointed needle nose pliers make the job easier, as we found out.

Driver side head gasket R&R and installed Doug Thorley Headers. Will be installing the rest of the exhaust this weekend when I have more free time.

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4896.jpg

Wait what? Head gasket R&R? what does that even mean? Was it leaking?
Yep... 2000 LX Head Gasket Leak wasn't very much fun at all. All that could be determined was a failure in the gasket from a potential manufacturing flaw. Head and block were both inspected, no inclusions, cracks, flaws, were identified. New head gasket and she's back on the road again.

Its aluminized heat tape that I put on the A/C line and also the AHC line on the D/S of the engine.

After installing the headers, one of the D/S header tubes bends up pretty high and gets very close to both of those lines. It may not be required, but any unnecessary heat on either of those lines is not ideal and just trying to minimize and higher temp levels on them. I also have header wrap if I start to notice under hood temps creeping up now with the factory heat shields all removed with the factory exhaust manifolds.

Finally installed Dissent no cut aluminum rear bumper. Got to wire up the backup lights and the trailer harness but will probably get to those once I receive swingouts from @benc
Very impressed with Ben’s customer service and the quality of the bumper.

View attachment 2690031
Hi. I have the same color LC, planning...more like wanting to get the aluminum/no cut rear bumper, the swing arms in the future. I was wondering if you could & would be able to send a few pics from the side of the truck. Just to get a perspective form that side? Please & thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom