Yellow Box - Customer Support (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thedoughboy

SILVER Star
Threads
About 4 years ago I installed a Yellow Box to correct the speedo/odometer for non stock tires. Everything worked perfectly until last month. The speedo/odometer works at start-up, then stops working after 3-5 miles. If I bypass the Yellow Box everything works as designed, just not at the correct calibration.

I reached out to Yellow Box and they walked me through the obvious areas that fail (wiring and connectors). No failure points were found. Once it was determined that the box itself may be the problem they stopped communicating with me.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms with their Yellow Box? Also, any info on the company itself?

Thanks again!

Not really but, I noticed that my speedo drops every so often and then reads back to normal. Cruise control hates it and does weird stuff, a failing box does explain things. Will bypass it to verify it's the cause or not when the truck is up again.

They are in Austrailia so I'm guessing it's tough for them to do customer service here in the US. See if they'll let you buy another one, if it fixes the problem ship them back the old one for a refund. They really don't have any recourse if they ship you a new one and you fail to return the old one.

Edit: just saw they're out of stock until July.

They are in Austrailia so I'm guessing it's tough for them to do customer service here in the US. See if they'll let you buy another one, if it fixes the problem ship them back the old one for a refund. They really don't have any recourse if they ship you a new one and you fail to return the old one.

Edit: just saw they're out of stock until July.
Understood. It was just a strange email thread. They were so responsive, then crickets. They say the units have a ten year warranty. We'll see if they are good on their word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom