What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did some more work... getting closer to sniper time. Installed fusible link, wire up coil, and touched on my distributer mistakes...

where do you get your connectors from. you mentioned it in this last video but i saw something shiny and forgot

Drove to Lowes then local Toyota dealer to pick up my tags for my new Tacoma.
Sales guy looks out the window and says......nice jeep.....WTF!
One minute to pick up my tags. 20 minutes to educate two young salesmen about the Landcruiser History..🙄

Added this for future cruiser repairs...

And all the other broken stuff I work on 😜
PXL_20210607_210044837.jpg

I finished a rear bumper design for @HAMBURGLAR11, sharing it if anyone wants ideas for a bumper. Let me know what you think.

It is currently designed for a 40" tire, and a 20" cooler, as of Hamburglar's specifications.

View attachment 2696300

View attachment 2696299

View attachment 2696301

View attachment 2696302
Nice job with the Onshape modeling! Great CAD tool!

Nice job with the Onshape modeling! Great CAD tool!

Thanks! I use SolidWorks for work/school stuff andOnshape for personal fun stuff. I really like it.

Finally installed a new 2F vacuum advance distributor in my 1973 F engine. 60 lbs oil pressure on the gauge screwed into the oil sending unit port on the block on a cold engine at 1,000 rpm or so. (Yes, it means the oil pump is engaged. :clap:

Factory set points out of the box at 0.017", (FSM range 0.016 - 0.020") which resulted in a dwell of 40 degrees (FSM range 39 - 43 degrees) It appears that with no wear, the numbers work!

Seated 2F distributor.jpg

Got a retrosound radio and fabbing up some front and rear speaker panels.

View attachment 2697845

View attachment 2697848
Was “forced” to just order one as well as I couldn’t get the vintage a/c unit to fit with the current aftermarket radio (radio was too deep and interfered with one of the air damper controls… 🤬🤬). Wish I would have known that before I started the install !!

Got a retrosound radio and fabbing up some front and rear speaker panels.

View attachment 2697845

View attachment 2697848
I'm doing the same thing. Retrosound is already in, but took the doors (with the speakers) off and now going to install the SOR kick vent speaker panels. Any advice? Did you put any sound deadening material inside the speaker boxes? I'm debating using VHB tape vs drilling holes.

I'm doing the same thing. Retrosound is already in, but took the doors (with the speakers) off and now going to install the SOR kick vent speaker panels. Any advice? Did you put any sound deadening material inside the speaker boxes? I'm debating using VHB tape vs drilling holes.
I just mounted marine tower speakers on the roll bar and a pair of Definitive Technology outdoor speakers in the back corners. Not ideal, but weather proof and sounds pretty darn good!

For speakers, I mounted them (Bose) on the tub behind the seats with a piece of strapping.

1623180409549.png

Drove to Lowes then local Toyota dealer to pick up my tags for my new Tacoma.
Sales guy looks out the window and says......nice jeep.....WTF!
One minute to pick up my tags. 20 minutes to educate two young salesmen about the Landcruiser History..🙄
It’s ok, Toyota has also totally forgotten the solid front axle here stateside. So the salesmen are kind of just following the lead or lack of lead from Toyota! Nice Jeep, should have dopeslapped both of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom