STOLEN My 80 Was stolen last night -Colorado- (Recovered!!!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on the recovery, great to hear!

Facebook is one of the most effective users of cookies and algorithms, you search or look at Land Cruisers and then you will get Land Cruiser content, I assume that is how people saw it on FB before anything else. It was essentially delivered to them based on previous searches and/or views! I would imagine an effective police officer would go onto social media and get tons of useful information, if they aren’t cruiser people they may search stolen cars, crime alerts etc. and get data from those fields.

Probably a good thing it was recovered while still being used. My dad had a fairly new Jeep Cherokee XJ stolen several years ago, they used it to bust through garage doors in an industrial park and would steal tools and equipment that they filled in the back. They found it a week or so later burned in abandoned lot with a bunch of empty snap on, Mac etc. tool boxes that were also burned, sounds like your 80 was used for a similar purpose just targeting mailboxes ( that they are aware of) this time.

Do stimulus checks come as a check or are they direct deposits? Might have been the target, can’t imagine there is much else other than small boxes of deliveries, ID information and an occasional replacement CC arriving in the mail boxes that small these days!

Unfortunately, we need a more obvious Stolen category (not in classifieds) on the forum.
-It seems most end up in tech for the particular LC series and aren’t seen by as many eyes. I would imagine the information share on this forum had to help with the spread of information that eventually led to the recovery and Maybe/hopefully the apprehension of these criminals!

stimulus checks were originally direct deposits, debit cards.

Congratulations on the recovery, great to hear!

Facebook is one of the most effective users of cookies and algorithms, you search or look at Land Cruisers and then you will get Land Cruiser content, I assume that is how people saw it on FB before anything else. It was essentially delivered to them based on previous searches and/or views! I would imagine an effective police officer would go onto social media and get tons of useful information, if they aren’t cruiser people they may search stolen cars, crime alerts etc. and get data from those fields.

Probably a good thing it was recovered while still being used. My dad had a fairly new Jeep Cherokee XJ stolen several years ago, they used it to bust through garage doors in an industrial park and would steal tools and equipment that they filled in the back. They found it a week or so later burned in abandoned lot with a bunch of empty snap on, Mac etc. tool boxes that were also burned, sounds like your 80 was used for a similar purpose just targeting mailboxes ( that they are aware of) this time.

Do stimulus checks come as a check or are they direct deposits? Might have been the target, can’t imagine there is much else other than small boxes of deliveries, ID information and an occasional replacement CC arriving in the mail boxes that small these days!

Unfortunately, we need a more obvious Stolen category (not in classifieds) on the forum.
-It seems most end up in tech for the particular LC series and aren’t seen by as many eyes. I would imagine the information share on this forum had to help with the spread of information that eventually led to the recovery and Maybe/hopefully the apprehension of these criminals!
Our first stimulus check was direct deposited. Our second one was a debit card. Many of our friends have also received debit cards. See here: More Economic Impact Payments set for disbursement in coming days; taxpayers should watch mail for paper checks, debit cards | Internal Revenue Service - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/more-economic-impact-payments-set-for-disbursement-in-coming-days-taxpayers-should-watch-mail-for-paper-checks-debit-cards

The checks and debit cards come in an envelope from the Dept of Treasury, making them prime targets for theft.

Luxembourg is "mainly peaceful", nothing to see here.
1621274183226.png

Glad you got your rig back. I had a 1969 Datsun 510 stolen and never recovered. Unfortunately, we can expect this sort of BS to increase exponentially as our southern border is wide open for criminals and drugs to flow across. Police departments are being dissolved and the attempted disarmament of the American people. My best advice is to secure your stuff, carry a gun everywhere, and stay vigilant. When you can get out and VOTE CONSERVATIVE!!!

I think we found the perp.

Just a thought. We have Automile GPS trackers in our cars. Mainly if our directional challenged kids get lost but handy for location. Activates with motion and has back up battery if cables are cut.

1621351700507.png

Glad you got your rig back. I had a 1969 Datsun 510 stolen and never recovered. Unfortunately, we can expect this sort of BS to increase exponentially as our southern border is wide open for criminals and drugs to flow across. Police departments are being dissolved and the attempted disarmament of the American people. My best advice is to secure your stuff, carry a gun everywhere, and stay vigilant. When you can get out and VOTE CONSERVATIVE!!!

This theft most likely had nothing to do with the "southern border" and the perp was probably some white meth head like I see all over NM. And no thank you on the push to vote GQP. But you keep being you, dude.

Meth in the US is produced locally by rednecks. In fact, several of my in-laws have been incarcerated for this very reason :hillbilly:

I recently got a bunch of free tools, think anvil, 16inch wood planer, drill press, handsaw blade mender, and a bunch of metal lathe tools due to the fact that a scored ex-wife was clearing out her incarcerated ex husbands stuff since he just started a nice long stretch for dealing in the stuff. Apparently he was not to kind to the lady and all the bad memories had to get out of the basement asap. I felt i had a moral duty to help get those memories out fast.

I am Glad you got your truck back

I had to clean up this thread due to multiple reports on inappropriate posts. Blaming a nationality of people is not acceptable here. Please refrain from doing so. Remember, this isnt a public owned forum, it is privately owned and you must abide by the rules not what you think is appropriate

I am Glad you got your truck back

I had to clean up this thread due to multiple reports on inappropriate posts. Blaming a nationality of people is not acceptable here. Please refrain from doing so. Remember, this isnt a public owned forum, it is privately owned and you must abide by the rules not what you think is appropriate
For the record, no such posts ever existed in this thread.

I'm allowed to use the "R" word because of my heritage :eek:

For the record, no such posts ever existed in this thread.

Not true. Otherwise there wouldnt have been anything reported or anything for me to clean up

I just read through this debacle, par for the course, I was not disappointed. Pure chat gold right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom