Is this a decent purchase? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2013 base model w/ 75k miles and comfort package. $29000

Pretty decent list of service records from the Lexus dealership. Looks very clean, but is a 3 owner, thankfully from Texas. It’s at carmax so it’s not open for negotiation. I’ve been looking for about a month and it seem about right, but want everyone’s opinions here.

Blue book is around $25k, but how often do these sell for blue book, is it like the 470s and 100 series LC/LX where they never do, or is this price a little high? My budget is 30k firm.

Pretty decent list of service records from the Lexus dealership. Looks very clean, but is a 3 owner, thankfully from Texas. It’s at carmax so it’s not open for negotiation. I’ve been looking for about a month and it seem about right, but want everyone’s opinions here.

Blue book is around $25k, but how often do these sell for blue book, is it like the 470s and 100 series LC/LX where they never do, or is this price a little high? My budget is 30k firm.
I would be looking at the refreshed version (I think 2014+ you should check though) 30k seems like too much money for that rig seeing as we bought a 2019 last September for 45k with 10K miles, so that 6 years and 65k less miles only cost 15 grand. this being said I know that used vehicle prices are through the roof right now so this may be the going rate.

Thanks for the opinions! It does sound like this one is about 15% overpriced. I’m still gonna check it out I think, it’s been tough finding much of anything, it’s really not the best time to be looking for a new rig. 70% of the ones I find are from NY or another rust belt state and I refuse to buy one from there which also narrows the selection. I had originally ordered a 2015 from Carvana, but it has been in an undisclosed wreck as the back bumper, hatch, back right door and front right fender had body work and repainted done. Price on it was $33k.

I do like the 2014 refresh, but looks like it’ll run me about $5000 to get it and idk if it’s worth that, especially considering I’d have to be looking for a premium trim as I can’t live without the ventilated seats.

I am also looking at the 2010-13 model years as I like the front bumper options. Get on the Lexus owners site and run the vin. I am in Dallas and there are a lot of Mom-mobiles around in nearly perfect shape. I also look for the Sewell badging in North Texas as I think it gives a good chance of having never been up North. Good luck in your search.

Wow my 2010 base not considering mods is worth a ton more than what I bought it for in Aug 2020. I like appreciating assets Haha.

*edit*
Just checked our ‘08 GX470 and it’s even better. Could almost get $8-10k more than we bought it for.

Everyting has been going up.

Last month I bought a 2018 GX460 Base, 33,000 miles form Carmax for $39,900. I think that was market price.

They gave me a lot for may trade and delivered it 110 miles from the nearest city. The service was worth something.

Seems like the going rate(at least for CarMax). I've noticed prices going up over the last month or so as well. My 2012 Premium that I bought ~6 weeks ago with 95K miles was $25k.

Wow my 2010 base not considering mods is worth a ton more than what I bought it for in Aug 2020. I like appreciating assets Haha.

*edit*
Just checked our ‘08 GX470 and it’s even better. Could almost get $8-10k more than we bought it for.
Sorry to thread jack!

I saw a 2021 Starfire Pearl Premium Sport I kinda liked but wasn't looking to commit... so for laughs and giggles I tried to see how much I'd get for the 2009 GX470 and gave webuyanycar a shot. They came back with $12K which I was somehow able to wiggle my way to $14K next day. The black on black, Mark Levinson and 170K were my bargaining chips, along with maintenance records from the get go. Who knows could have gotten more if I had the patience but the wife was like let it go or you go lol!

Sorry to thread jack!

I saw a 2021 Starfire Pearl Premium Sport I kinda liked but wasn't looking to commit... so for laughs and giggles I tried to see how much I'd get for the 2009 GX470 and gave webuyanycar a shot. They came back with $12K which I was somehow able to wiggle my way to $14K next day. The black on black, Mark Levinson and 170K were my bargaining chips, along with maintenance records from the get go. Who knows could have gotten more if I had the patience but the wife was like let it go or you go lol!

$14k at that buy any car site is insanity. I bet the dealer would of offered $15k if it didn’t need any reconditioning. Haha.

As another point of reference, I bought my 2010 GX460 with 61k miles from Florida for $20,300 in December 2020. Paint was not in the best condition and needed new tires but it is going to be an overland rig anyway. I had hit shipped to CO for another $1100. Everything in my area is at least 7k more.

Last edited:

As another data point, I bought a well maintained 2011 base/comfort package in Louisiana for $18K 2 weeks ago from the Lexus dealership. 132K miles and in really good condition with new tires and a new timing cover.

I bought my 2011 Base w/ 85K for $21K OTD back in DEC 2020 at a Lexus Dealership in Atlanta. Paint could be better and tires needed replaced, but I felt really good about the deal, and even better now!

I paid 32k in Dec. for my 2016, luxury, with driver's support package, black interior, in minty shape and 65k miles. Prices have gone kinda nuts since then to the point where I am considering selling mine for a profit and buying a Ranger Tremor or something new.

If you find something you like on cargurus or similar sites, find the dealer website. I often found free full Carfax on dealer sites when I was shopping. Doesn't replace in person inspection, but helps focus on good candidates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom