STOLEN My 80 Was stolen last night -Colorado- (Recovered!!!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devo

SILVER Star
Threads
For what it is worth if you live in western Colorado or nearby please keep a lookout for this FZJ80

Colorado plates EHY5150

06E5FD7B-0F08-4049-AF22-FB261B67ABB0.jpeg

Oh man that’s a damn shame. Very sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you had full coverage or they just went on joyride and you’ll find it in a couple days. If you’re not able to find it and you have full coverage, make sure that your insurance company uses bringatrailer for the comps on your truck when determining it’s value.

I’m in Ridgway- will keep an eye out.
Sorry for your bad luck.

WTF...... Goodluck getting it back. I will watch my local classifieds for you.

What kind of winch and wheels did it have?

I dreamed about someone stealing my 80 last night.

Sorry to hear, I’ll keep an eye out around glenwood and basalt...

That really sucks. Stolen from your driveway or were you out somewhere? Never thought I'd need a kill switch on my 80.

That is terrible to hear, hope for a quick recovery.

As we all have seen the frequency of 60's in the PNW stolen and recovered and the unfortunate 40/45's that seemed a little more organized thefts, are there any details you care to share about the circumstances to possibly help recovery advice and future prevention?

Good luck, hope for a positive outcome!!!

I think I was targeted? I live in an off the way neighborhood. The 80 is seen by every one around town. And not to judge but for the last 10 days the neighbors house was being re- roofed!
I had just loaded it for a 10 day trip. They got my camping gear, gas cans and kitchen and worst of all , all of my tools.
It sucks for sure, maybe it will show up?

thanks

devo

Getting off here work soon Bob will go drive around for you out desert and town

Getting off here work soon Bob will go drive around for you out desert and town

I think I know what you are trying to say:idea:, Good luck:beer::steer:

I think I was targeted? I live in an off the way neighborhood. The 80 is seen by every one around town. And not to judge but for the last 10 days the neighbors house was being re- roofed!
I had just loaded it for a 10 day trip. They got my camping gear, gas cans and kitchen and worst of all , all of my tools.
It sucks for sure, maybe it will show up?

thanks

devo

That Sucks!!!!

Potentially (hopefully?) the target was all the stuff you loaded that is much easier to sell or utilize and the 80 gets dumped somewhere.

Personally, I would start looking around the area as much as possible and offer a reward at least the same as your deductible for the recovery. Maybe visit a pawn shop or 2 to see if the have any newly arrived camping equipment and tools?

I would politely ask the contfactor if they saw anyone around your property and let them and everyone know you are offering a reward for the recovery.

Good luck, stay safe!!!!

Last edited:
Call pawn shops in the next town/ city asking if they have certain items fairly unique to your ride. Also check Facebook market place with at least 200 mile distance set. Same for craigslist and letgo. Search the stuff first as the cruiser will be harder to get rid of. Make sure you get the report number from whoever you reported it to....couple of reasons for that but not to be verbose just make sure you get it. If you have info about what stereo model you have and that sort of thing post it up

@devo Man, I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope you find your rig soon.

Can you please let everyone know what kind of noticeable markings your rig had on it? I see a sticker on that back passenger side window from your posted photograph, not sure what the sticker is. Any other noticeable identifiers you can elaborate on, for folks who are looking for your rig? Little nuances like this can help recovery.

I'm obviously no where near you but will keep my eyes peeled.

I will follow some of the advice posted. Pawn shops are a good idea.

the cops are gonna do what they do or don’t do and there are a bunch of locals to keep an eye out

IT WAS A SWEET 80———- BUILT AND TRIPLE LOCKED 40th Anniversary

sticker on back window: American Flag and a TLCA 40th anniversary. Left side window: TEQ sticker. Right side window: Mike Tyson “Land Crutha”

arb bull bar, Fuel 17” wheels .......

seems I could go on and on but I feel like it just might be dismantled by now. I hope the whoever is dumb enough to drive it around! It will stick out like a sore thumb.

Thanks again all

devo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom