What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was on a motorcycle ride and just outside Kalispell by the Thompson lakes and a buddy needed to #2. We stopped and ended up there was a grizz 10 yards off the road eating in the grass where we stopped. Later that day, between flathead and Missoula in the hills we saw another eating right off the road. We watched that one for almost an hour.

Was on a motorcycle ride and just outside Kalispell by the Thompson lakes and a buddy needed to #2. We stopped and ended up there was a grizz 10 yards off the road eating in the grass where we stopped. Later that day, between flathead and Missoula in the hills we saw another eating right off the road. We watched that one for almost an hour.
They’re impressive…

A biologist friend of mine from when I was with DOI fished Slough Creek in Yellowstone several times. Said the moose were the big threat.

Different Slough Creek?

I cleaned and painted my drivelines yesterday, waiting for the new u joints so I can reassemble. Pretty positive they were the original u joints since they were all covered in the same undercoating the rest of the underside was, grease zerks and all; the dealer sure didn’t care about where that stuff went. They all still felt really good but I’m this far so may as well....
0385B7DF-564B-45BD-A040-528863D089BA.jpeg

A biologist friend of mine from when I was with DOI fished Slough Creek in Yellowstone several times. Said the moose were the big threat.

Different Slough Creek?
Nope, sounds right based on my experience there.

Just ran a bead of 3M urethane seam sealer. Looks good to me, can’t be any worse than the old, dried, cracked sealer that I removed. Trying to mitigate water leaking/dripping onto my boot as I drive in the rain.
I picked out the old sealer, wire brushed the seam, used a bit of rust converter, cleaned with brakekleen and blasted it with compressed air. Fingers crossed this works.
F502F375-5DB1-45DD-A325-9223A91E55A3.jpeg

81DAF42E-9589-435E-86D3-8256BE6C4F1B.jpeg

Just ran a bead of 3M urethane seam sealer. Looks good to me, can’t be any worse than the old, dried, cracked sealer that I removed. Trying to mitigate water leaking/dripping onto my boot as I drive in the rain.
I picked out the old sealer, wire brushed the seam, used a bit of rust converter, cleaned with brakekleen and blasted it with compressed air. Fingers crossed this works.
View attachment 2666246
View attachment 2666245
Don't forget about the cowl side of the hood hinges. They might need a dab of sealer in the threads.

Be careful with them.
Easy peasy, they backed right out. Before I seal the threads, I’m going to look for the hinge cushions. Thanks for the heads up.
By the way, years ago I tried to remove these screw. Fouled one up pretty bad trying to muscle it out with a screw drive. The impact driver made short work of them.
36F1A861-155B-404B-8E3D-9ADA9FEFE565.jpeg

There are no "official" resident grizz in the area that I run, although they are spotted once or twice a year. Did have a grizz cub stroll through our campsite last summer.

Then there's Slough Creek in Yellowstone.
what......there are grizzly back on slough............. 5 bears in 1 day my last time there last summer, only 2 were grizzly though

what......there are grizzly back on slough............. 5 bears in 1 day my last time there last summer, only 2 were grizzly though
Definitely grizz ub the Slough Creek area, I was talking about the Bitterroots not having an established population of grizz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom