What the hell is goin on in Jimmy's Barn (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You’ve seen all the rusty shhhhhtuff she drags home? Lol
Yes sir, but we all know she can turn that stuff into gold. She’s developed some mad skills and not afraid to tackle any job.

Yes sir, but we all know she can turn that stuff into gold. She’s developed some mad skills and not afraid to tackle any job.
Of course. I wasn’t making any slight against her in any way.

So I’m working overtime to get this trailer done for a camping trip with some cruiser homies the end of this coming week...as I’m dialing in my welder around midnight I look down and see this coral snake about 2’ from me. I turn to my left to grab a tool (long handled) and see this scorpion on the other side. Decided it was time to get out of the barn and wind down with a scotch :). Welcome to TX
F19CB423-0AAB-4569-9EE0-F0CCA4F2EB2A.jpeg
FD53927B-BAA2-4072-98EF-F09A59B710EE.jpeg
FD53927B-BAA2-4072-98EF-F09A59B710EE.jpeg

So I’m working overtime to get this trailer done for a camping trip with some cruiser homies the end of this coming week...as I’m dialing in my welder around midnight I look down and see this coral snake about 2’ from me. I turn to my left to grab a tool (long handled) and see this scorpion on the other side. Decided it was time to get out of the barn and wind down with a scotch :). Welcome to TX View attachment 2663731View attachment 2663732View attachment 2663732
This past weekend I was down by the creek with my boots off. Dog laying half way in the water. Just enjoying the day. Suddenly two snakes come climbing out of the water. Then two were four and four were eight and eight were twelve. Never seen anything like it. They swarmed us so fast I just grabbed my boots and ran.

This past weekend I was down by the creek with my boots off. Dog laying half way in the water. Just enjoying the day. Suddenly two snakes come climbing out of the water. Then two were four and four were eight and eight were twelve. Never seen anything like it. They swarmed us so fast I just grabbed my boots and ran.
Then a big boulder started rolling down and chasing you as you grabbed your hat and ran.....

So I’m working overtime to get this trailer done for a camping trip with some cruiser homies the end of this coming week...as I’m dialing in my welder around midnight I look down and see this coral snake about 2’ from me. I turn to my left to grab a tool (long handled) and see this scorpion on the other side. Decided it was time to get out of the barn and wind down with a scotch :). Welcome to TX View attachment 2663731View attachment 2663732View attachment 2663732
Local fan club Jimmy? They were just watching you work your magic on the trailer

Time for a shop mongoose?

Local fan club Jimmy? They were just watching you work your magic on the trailer
I’d prefer a bit less heckling and a more focused gallery :)

Time for a shop mongoose?
So true Mike. I have a few barn cats and read them the riot act for falling asleep while on duty. Used to get rattle snakes etc. before I started letting them board here. Been uneventful until last night.

So a small update. With the help of ma man Casey (@POTATO LAUNCHER ) I’ve been able to achieve just north of “uncle Kieth” type welds. CA has saved my ass on several wrong turns I’ve almost made. Finishing the axle. Had to shorten a 69” to the width of a 60 (59”). Sleeved internally and will have a smaller external one. Hope to cut the tongue bar in manana. Just might have this thing road worthy by Thursday. And a quick pass by Chuck he’s a big boy but the youngest one and still does not realize he could take the other smaller ones
8DAB35F4-9061-4D28-8A02-F3F47E01D187.jpeg
66998543-A1EF-4F79-8DFC-4D03E40A5260.jpeg
AC6481CE-89CD-41E0-88EE-5E1A2F1EE42F.jpeg
508C6A68-BEB8-4E10-9877-02EAD1FE2793.jpeg

So the spring plates had to be made. Matching a 2 3/8 trailer axel to 60 springs. What a pain in the but drilling all the holes (10). Still need to trim the u-bolts and weld on
8D95A577-86C6-4FE4-BC3B-74A420BF97E5.jpeg
1F1FBE48-390A-4AF4-85DE-3DBCA3EC0F70.jpeg
833DDFC3-807F-4433-B577-39177B109157.jpeg
a threaded dowel for the shocks. Will do that after this weekends trip with the homies. The tongue bar is the last technical piece. Hope to get it done tomorrow and the wire up some lights and throw the tent on top.

Jim, look up rotabroach. Far better for cutting holes in plate or sheet stock. They're annular cutters.

Those spring perches on the axle are pretty narrow, no? The perch should match the width of the spring, or at least be *very* close to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom