Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How are you gonna post a pic with my truck completely covered up? WTH?!🤪
As discussed, I hauled my fat a** up the side of that hill thinking it would be a great pic, and all i got was the top of a bunch of ironman awnings!

why we you camping in a rock quarry?
Well, lee almost fell down a 10 foot cliff at the quarry. Our other camping option was a 300 foot cliff above a lake. Not sure i'd want to see lee tumble down that one!

No open/close for vendors. We allow vendors to register through the vendor registration and cut that off once we reach capacity for space. Vendors do get camping spots closer to the deck at the lodge to help promote their brand in an easy to see/get to area. They're pretty involved with a lot of the "experience" things that we do after trails. Kids movie night, coffee/hot chocolate bar, ladies wine night, whisky tasting, etc.

Just talking about that stuff makes me think of those warm summer nights at Kendall when the place is absolutely jammed! Kids riding bikes and digging in the dirt, families enjoying the incredible scenery, awesome food, tons of laughs and over one hundred 100 series Land Cruisers parked in every available space. We could all use a little of that this year. I'm probably biased, and there's a lot of great events out there, but HIH is different. There's nothing else like it anywhere. Without the hugs and high fives and gatherings, what else is there? Anyone can go to Silverton and drive the trails. Of course it's better with a group, and it's nice to have the safety in numbers if you've never driven Black Bear or Poughkeepsie, but the best part of HIH has nothing to do with being on the trails.

Opening Night party at the Wyman is legendary. Friday Night Pot Luck and Beers Around the World is the absolute best night (IMO). The Southern 100s Crew brings enough food from Louisiana to feed 500 people. They cook for hours on Friday. It's the best. BBQ dinner and raffle on Saturday usually doesn't quiet down until after midnight. It's so legit.

totally get the decision here Stan, HIH is special and a sanitized version of it just woulnd't be the same. Speaking of the Wyman... let's just say we're going to blow the roof off that sucker in 2022. And it doesn't even have a roof. If you missed the last one, here are few spy photos...

my kids, @smakee kids, @dubitup kid, yeah we love how this includes the kids.

IMG_2997.jpg

Meat on a stick. I mean c'mon, gotta have a bunch of that.

IMG_2999.jpg

Could have been a great photo of @marcfj60. Just too bad those three knuckleheads photo bombed you. Sorry man.

IMG_3002.jpg

so yeah, looking forward to a whole bunch of this action next year! If you can make it, come hungry.

Could have been a great photo of @marcfj60. Just too bad those three knuckleheads photo bombed you. Sorry man.

View attachment 2653842

so yeah, looking forward to a whole bunch of this action next year! If you can make it, come hungry.
Story of my life. The cool kids always taking the spotlight with the shy nerd hanging out in back.

Let me see if I get this right.

Stan, Tim, and Chris from left to right?

1619271307982.png

View attachment 2654464

Best story about these shirts...

Chris was like... "Yo... let's wear Hawaiian shirts for opening night." I was all "Yeah, awesome idea".... until I forgot mine.

"No worries, I have two" Chris said. Cool. After about 40 minutes at the party, I'm a few beers deep and smashed a few meat sticks and I feel like I smell someone's body odor. I thought it may have been coming from that stupid shirt. I said "Dude... your shirt smells" and Chris's response was "Yeah, I rode all day in that shirt you're wearing."

So that's my buddy. He gives me his dirty mountain biking shirt and he wears the clean one. So later I put dog poop on his floor board and shut the windows.

Chris was like... "Yo... let's wear Hawaiian shirts for opening night." I was all "Yeah, awesome idea".... until I forgot mine.

"No worries, I have two" Chris said. Cool. After about 40 minutes at the party, I'm a few beers deep and smashed a few meat sticks and I feel like I smell someone's body odor. I thought it may have been coming from that stupid shirt. I said "Dude... your shirt smells" and Chris's response was "Yeah, I rode all day in that shirt you're wearing."

So that's my buddy. He gives me his dirty mountain biking shirt and he wears the clean one. So later I put dog poop on his floor board and shut the windows.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHAHAHA...but check out how amazing you look! The smell was my special gift....that was awesome.

View attachment 2654464
With the one and only @marcfj60 over the shoulder of Stan. Let me tell you, if you want to go on a trail that is led by a very knowledgeable person, you go on one of Marc’s runs! It’s pretty neat to hear about the cool knowledge him and his wife drop during the drive!

Last edited:
You too! You crushed Poughkeepsie, that whole day was one of the highlights of 2020. @mattafact @DirtDawg @ga12r1 @Sargy and whoever else ran that with us. So fun!

That was the day of “the jump” as well!
(Note to self: Don't let your son get behind the wheel, when these guys are doing their "superman impressions" on Poughkeepsie, make sure you're behind the wheel, or you might be walking home. Maybe you should give the "bad influence" and/or "mechanical sympathy" speech(es) to kid again, before Silverton this year.)

With the one and only @marcfj60 over the shoulder of Stan. Let me tell you, if you want to go on a trail that is led by a very knowledgeable person, you go on one of Marc’s runs! It’s pretty neat to hear about the cool knowledge him and his wife drop during the drive!
Thanks @aaronrules . Being a nerdy Eagle Scout that loves nature and history comes in handy sometimes. Having several guidebooks to look up info is handy too. I'm practicing for my retirement job as a tour guide or National Park interpretive ranger in the mountains somewhere.

Does anyone know how the snowfall this winter compared to previous? More or less snow? I drove through on 550 last week and it seemed like there was a lot.:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom