Builds 80 series where to start! Again.... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

really? if so, I'm v sorry to hear, and how is the Liberty?
Haha no, I still have them both. I drove the grey truck a few hundred miles just the other day. Was able to get 14.5mpg at 65-75mph on the hwy. I would like to get some time to put it on the dyno and clean some things up with the tune. I don't think the shop that originally did it really spent a lot of time on it. I can see areas especially at cruise where I could lean it out.

The black truck is still unfortunately sitting in storage in Utah. I am still deciding what I am going to do in the next few months. There was some talk of moving to Bakersfield CA. But if the housing market chills out a little I might consider staying here in Washington.

I guess I must have nodded off...the last I remember you were in SLC...:confused:

I guess I must have nodded off...the last I remember you were in SLC...:confused:
Yeah I was, I am now in Washington State. Hence the reason things aren't moving on any of my projects. ha

The guy who did the CNC caps is Rhys Cartlidge they were $175AUD. Not sure if he has any left. But his email is:

Rhys.c@live.com.au

Old post in your thread but there is always this option.

5588F956-FB5D-49EE-8FE2-162E1567540F.jpeg

96759E2A-8FCC-4275-8457-694B4E5C57F9.jpeg

Cheers

Old post in your thread but there is always this option.

View attachment 2655869
View attachment 2655870

Cheers
Different head or did you just drive a plug in? If it is the later head, I really like that idea, but I didn't know it was available before I already bought my new head from Onur, and then spent the time port and polishing it.

Haha no, I still have them both. I drove the grey truck a few hundred miles just the other day. Was able to get 14.5mpg at 65-75mph on the hwy. I would like to get some time to put it on the dyno and clean some things up with the tune. I don't think the shop that originally did it really spent a lot of time on it. I can see areas especially at cruise where I could lean it out.

The black truck is still unfortunately sitting in storage in Utah. I am still deciding what I am going to do in the next few months. There was some talk of moving to Bakersfield CA. But if the housing market chills out a little I might consider staying here in Washington.

PHEW! this thread, and build, have been a source of entertainment and gratification. I'm so excited to see the end result of the truck. I own an 80 and a sports car, so if you consider moving on please consider me since I'd def consolidate into this type of 'hybrid'

Good luck

No update, I just had a question @Kernal about what custom work I had done on the truck when it was painted. I know it is all pretty subtle, but that is what I wanted. I wanted everything to look factory. So I thought I would try and highlight it so they could see. On the black truck you can see the rockers have an extra kickout that was formed from metal that also continues up onto the front fender.

The picture of the grey truck is just to show what it would look like before.
IMG_1764.jpeg

photo2-jpg.598342

Man, I clicked so fast when I saw a post on this thread
I know I am a total tease when it comes to actually doing anything with my trucks. :bang::frown: Unfortunately last couple years haven't been conducive to cruiser stuff. They are still sitting and waiting.

I know I am a total tease when it comes to actually doing anything with my trucks. :bang::frown: Unfortunately last couple years haven't been conducive to cruiser stuff. They are still sitting and waiting.
Hey, at least you haven’t sold to this guy yet:

1642729639094.jpeg

Dangit dude. You got us all excited. How are you? What's going on? I may give you a ring this weekend to catch up.

Dangit dude. You got us all excited. How are you? What's going on? I may give you a ring this weekend to catch up.
Haha hey Bak good to see that you are back. I am in Washington state now, I will be working in the hospital the next 6 nights so might not be the easiest to catch up with but give me a call or text and I will get back to you.

Haha hey Bak good to see that you are back. I am in Washington state now, I will be working in the hospital the next 6 nights so might not be the easiest to catch up with but give me a call or text and I will get back to you.
You know I will. Hope you're doing well bud!

There's a handful of posts that I get notifications on and this was definitely a false alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom