Builds Just another 79 build..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This build is about the coolest thing I have ever seen.

So how many of those people said “that’s the coolest Jeep I’ve ever seen”? 😁
Well it doesn't have an angry face grill and there isn't a goofy accent color.....so people must have know it wasn't one. Ha.

Had a really special truck stop in for some sorting out......what a cool rig.

20210415_173552_2.jpeg
20210415_173502_2.jpeg
20210415_172719_3.jpeg
20210415_172026_2.jpeg

Even the LV got in on some pics

20210415_072055_3.jpeg

Big pile of parts getting ready to go into this truck.....who knew there was more to do :)

20210403_144102.jpeg
20210403_144234.jpeg

Just in case people haven't seen them, we have a new style of hood supports available now.......white set is a one-off for the camper truck :)
20210325_153841.jpeg
20210326_153944.jpeg
20210325_151057.jpeg

That thing is bananas.

What does Maltec do with the cab roof? Looks like something is added there. Just a platform?

Really neat build.....a few things I'd change if it were mine but overall it was really cool. This was a US truck that was sent to Germany for the conversion.

From what I can tell, that roof over the cab did a couple of things...it made for a good platform as well as helped with the transition of the roof into the camper box....this truck had a sunroof so transitioning a sunroof top into the camper would have been a lot of work. This made it way easier. There was a fabric covered filler piece inside where the sunroof would have been. Neat setup.

FINALLY brought the big truck in the shop today.....hoping to get going on it next week. LOTS of upgrades happening.

This was an easy one.....and a really functional one. Scheelmann has a 'narrow' armrest mount.....it just so happens that the narrow armrest mount works really well on the outboard side of the seat in a 79. This wouldn't clear a power window equipped truck but the rollup window truck is perfect. Should add some nice comfort on the longer drives.

All the Scheelmann seats have inserts on the side of the seat. The armrest bolts right in with supplied hardware.

20210513_082943.jpg
20210513_083648.jpg

It's a tight fit but it folds up....which is good since it would be tough getting in and out of the truck with it down :)

20210513_084007.jpg

Both down....

20210513_083907.jpg

FINALLY brought the big truck in the shop today.....hoping to get going on it next week. LOTS of upgrades happening.

This was an easy one.....and a really functional one. Scheelmann has a 'narrow' armrest mount.....it just so happens that the narrow armrest mount works really well on the outboard side of the seat in a 79. This wouldn't clear a power window equipped truck but the rollup window truck is perfect. Should add some nice comfort on the longer drives.

All the Scheelmann seats have inserts on the side of the seat. The armrest bolts right in with supplied hardware.

View attachment 2674420View attachment 2674422

It's a tight fit but it folds up....which is good since it would be tough getting in and out of the truck with it down :)

View attachment 2674424

Both down....

View attachment 2674423

Holy Toyoda, this upgrade is exactly what I have been thinking about lately.
So both armrests fit left and right on the driver's seat with the bench to the right and the door/B-pillar to the left.
You write " 'narrow' armrest mount ", does that mean there is also another kind of armrest from Scheel Mann or is this the only armrest I can order with a Scheel Mann.
I am looking into upgrading a J76 (GRJ76L), it should have just the same driver cabin area dimensions as your build, right?
Can you supply some more info on the parts you orderred for the Sheel Mann upgrade? Seat OK, what about a console? Two armrests, they don't come with the armrests mounted, but have the threads at the right place behind the fabric?
Could you get more into details on this, I would highly appreciate it.
:bounce:

Holy Toyoda, this upgrade is exactly what I have been thinking about lately.
So both armrests fit left and right on the driver's seat with the bench to the right and the door/B-pillar to the left.
You write " 'narrow' armrest mount ", does that mean there is also another kind of armrest from Scheel Mann or is this the only armrest I can order with a Scheel Mann.
I am looking into upgrading a J76 (GRJ76L), it should have just the same driver cabin area dimensions as your build, right?
Can you supply some more info on the parts you orderred for the Sheel Mann upgrade? Seat OK, what about a console? Two armrests, they don't come with the armrests mounted, but have the threads at the right place behind the fabric?
Could you get more into details on this, I would highly appreciate it.
:bounce:
There is a right armrest and a left armrest, they are location specific. There is a narrow mount and a regular mount. Narrow tucks the armrest right up to the side of the seat....so probably an inch or difference from the regular mount. I don't think you can have a very, uh, oversized torso area :) to run both narrow armrests. They are pretty tight.

No idea on the GRJ76 interior dimensions(specifically the B pillar area) but I know I've seen Scheelmanns in them. I would think that the biggest issue is the door panel...this will not work with power windows as that has the built in door pull on the door panel. I have roll up windows on this truck so no door pull on the door to interfere with the armrest on the seat.

Since you're in Europe, you'd probably want to check with Scheelmann on the availability of the narrow mounted armrest....I think that was something that Scheelmann US came up with for Sprinters. I may be wrong on that. As a dealer for them, I can get you anything you need if you can't source it where you are.

Armrests are not standard or mounted on any of the seats but they all have the treaded mounts under the material on the side so you can add them. Pretty smart setup.

There is a right armrest and a left armrest, they are location specific. There is a narrow mount and a regular mount. Narrow tucks the armrest right up to the side of the seat....so probably an inch or difference from the regular mount. I don't think you can have a very, uh, oversized torso area :) to run both narrow armrests. They are pretty tight.

No idea on the GRJ76 interior dimensions(specifically the B pillar area) but I know I've seen Scheelmanns in them. I would think that the biggest issue is the door panel...this will not work with power windows as that has the built in door pull on the door panel. I have roll up windows on this truck so no door pull on the door to interfere with the armrest on the seat.

Since you're in Europe, you'd probably want to check with Scheelmann on the availability of the narrow mounted armrest....I think that was something that Scheelmann US came up with for Sprinters. I may be wrong on that. As a dealer for them, I can get you anything you need if you can't source it where you are.

Armrests are not standard or mounted on any of the seats but they all have the treaded mounts under the material on the side so you can add them. Pretty smart setup.

Alrighty, that explains why I haven't ever seen the left-side armrests on the Scheel-Manns in J7s with power window controls.
The ones with armrests on the left have the armrests from one stone Australia that you "mount" into the windows somehow … quite expensive though …

Would you say that the mount for the armrests on the right side would have to be the narrow one or could the regular also fit?

Also, did you actually put new fabric on the passenger's seat/bench? looks neat.

Alrighty, that explains why I haven't ever seen the left-side armrests on the Scheel-Manns in J7s with power window controls.
The ones with armrests on the left have the armrests from one stone Australia that you "mount" into the windows somehow … quite expensive though …

Would you say that the mount for the armrests on the right side would have to be the narrow one or could the regular also fit?

Also, did you actually put new fabric on the passenger's seat/bench? looks neat.
No way will it fit with the power window door panel.

On m trucks currently I have the standard armrests on the inboard side. They fit just fine. Now with one narrow though and one regular, they feel really strange so we'll modify the standard armrest's mount into a narrow style one so they are both the same.

The passenger side seat is stock vinyl material with a bath mat on it for my dog. The bench seat works perfect for her. I have Scheelmann fabric to match the drivers side but vinyl is easier to clean and the dog really doesn't complain about having to sit on vinyl :)

20210403_144155_1.jpeg

The dog may not complain but you can clearly see the dissatisfaction in his eyes. 😁

dogs don't complain!! If you don't beleive it just lock you dog AND wife in the car trunk on a hot day. Leave them all day. Then turn them out and see which ones licks you in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom