Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cutting down trees and reclaiming a yard that's been growing over for at least 10 years before we moved in in June.

20210410_182030.jpg

20210410_182003.jpg

FD9EE8F3-685F-4B51-95E5-9135B10AA0FF.jpeg

4BFEE54E-FF9F-4712-80C1-5E3FE574BCEA.jpeg
I picked up a manual SC 300 recently. 207,000 miles on the 2JZ-GE. I flew down to Asheville and drove it back. It needs some love, the interior is definitely showing its age. There’s quite a bit of sun damage. I’ve already started sourcing replacements for the pieces that are easy to find. There’s very little corrosion.

I’ve got maintenance records going back to the 90s, but it still needs a few things. I’m going to start with a power steering pump that’s leaking, a distributor that’s leaking oil, and then the valve cover gaskets should probably be done.

Im not sure what I’ll do with this car long term, the manuals are becoming increasingly hard to find. I’m definitely going to baseline the maintenance and enjoy driving it for now, but I don’t know how I will keep this car and not throw a turbo at it.

I took last week off for my in laws coming in to town. My father in law is in construction and we cleaned out and repaired the right side of my barn that got smacked by a falling tree some time before we bought the place 8 years ago. It's crazy how you just get used to things like this then once it's fixed you don't know how you lived with it before.

Here's the before....

PXL_20210321_222853692.jpg
PXL_20210321_222849987.jpg

After. Ended up using the winch on the 80 and some ratchet straps to pull that corner post back in line. Replaced the 2x8 board and scabbed up 3 of the trusses that have started to rot on the ends. Still need to replace the roof tin where a couple of branches poked through. If anyone knows an onsite roll formed roofing company let me know.

PXL_20210410_233746033.jpg
PXL_20210410_233724628.jpg

My 40 is usually in the left side but with the dirt floor it's not great for corrosion. I need to get a box blade for the tractor so I can level off the floor better.

Sawyer came today. Got all but 2 logs milled up. This would have been a nightmare without the tractor and forks.

About 70 16x1x6 fence boards out of the white oak and 20 8 footers. My biggest white oak log had a lightning strike some time in it's past and wasn't salvageable.

PXL_20210417_222028846.jpg

Furniture grade red oak. Milled 2 pair of book matched 24inx2inx10ft slabs. Those apparently will take 2+ years to air dry. Going to do some quarter sawn tomorrow on the remaining logs even though they aren't terribly big, maybe 20 inches. Foreground are the 1x1 stickers he cut for me.

PXL_20210417_222103896.jpg

Here's the guy's setup. All hydraulic. It'd be pretty slow going if you had one of the cheaper fully manual Wood-Misers. This guy just started doing this last year and from FB, CL and word of mouth he's booked through August working weekends. He said he just placed an order for an LT50 with the diesel option, 8 months lead time.

PXL_20210417_123441654.jpg

Sawyer came today. Got all but 2 logs milled up.

Man, that is so cool. I love it!

With the insane price of lumber right now, you better put it inside, before it grows legs.

Sweet! Basically an NA Supra.
Lol, just like my is300 is a 4 door supra. Not so much! Way easier and cheaper to buy a 2jz-gte than turbo a 2jz-ge properly.

Those mills are sweet, I'd been watching videos not too long ago. I'm still doing them manually with the chainsaw for small projects that need a live edge.

I've spending spending all my "free" time out In the garden tilling and building beds, cutting down trees, and burning logs for biochar.

Lol, just like my is300 is a 4 door supra. Not so much! Way easier and cheaper to buy a 2jz-gte than turbo a 2jz-ge properly.

Those mills are sweet, I'd been watching videos not too long ago. I'm still doing them manually with the chainsaw for small projects that need a live edge.

I've spending spending all my "free" time out In the garden tilling and building beds, cutting down trees, and burning logs for biochar.

If you've been watching the price of 2JZ-GTEs, you might change you mind. Since Covid began they have gone from $3000 to $6000-7000 now. That covers the cost of all of the parts you need for a 700+ HP turbo build.

Missed out on a wagon the other day, gone within hours. Lol Regret sell my 04 Is.

I had a line on a low mileage IS manual a couple years back but got scared off by the sticky dash issue.

If you've been watching the price of 2JZ-GTEs, you might change you mind. Since Covid began they have gone from $3000 to $6000-7000 now. That covers the cost of all of the parts you need for a 700+ HP turbo build.
When were they ever really under $7k? You going to leave the nonturbo transmission and stock brakes in there? A decent 1jz can be found for $3k plus swap parts.
I considered converting mine, but what I really want is another supra.

I had a line on a low mileage IS manual a couple years back but got scared off by the sticky dash issue.
Not that big an issue really, just paint the dash.

Trying to find a trailer hitch that will fit the 86runner is a major challenge. The curt 13024 seems to be the only option. I’d prefer a rear bumper with hitch but the prices are pretty rough. Marlin crawler has one but it requires cutting 2 notches in body.... don’t want to do that. The other ones are close to a grand unpainted before shipping...like the 4x4 labs. I guess it’s the hitch! It’s still about 250 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom