Project ... "killer Piggy" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Except for the width and height it looks like it will fit just fine........
Just for TJ....
4f6z5f.jpg

But I agree with you that pulley system looks wide for pig frame running power steering.
I hope they make it all work this should be a killer build.

Thanks Gents ... Yes I think the picture is a bit deceptive on the width
If you look below the LS in my 73' fit just fine with lots of clearance to the 60 box that I intended to use in the 55

I actually think that this setup with the alternator down there is in fact farther out than the LSA

IMG_8703 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Now let me ask ... If someone had a budget of lets say $15,000 for a complete set of axles with big brakes what would you guys use for a build like this ??
Forgive my ignorance on the subject but it seems that everywhere I look 99% of all these axle packages are built for Jeeps
Dana / Dynatrac / Currie etc ... J Mack mentioned Spider as well
Cheers
Steve
Currie

The orientation of the AC compressor should be good to go. It sits lower and runs off of a separate belt on the earlier LM7, LQ4/9 fare. The PS pulley looks to be in the same place, probably something that will be “close”, or maybe more accurately, the pump reservoir. Other than that, looking forward to 4 wheel burnouts!

I wasn't really trying to make a technical comment. The photo just makes the engine look "big" so I made a feeble attempt at a joke. I'm sure as well that this will be an awesome build. :cheers:

I wasn't really trying to make a technical comment. The photo just makes the engine look "big" so I made a feeble attempt at a joke. I'm sure as well that this will be an awesome build. :cheers:

LOL ... keep the feeble jokes coming !
LOTS of cool stuff now starting to trickle in
Should be starting on taking her apart soon and starting on the linked suspension

Cheers
Steve

Just an update guys ....
Now have the engine and transmission in my possession, and a LOT of the 'stuff' is now here.
Recaro's have arrived as well, these will be perfect for this build

Hope to get going soon !!

IMG_9600 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9464 by Steve Heck, on Flickr
love the houndstooth!, you might want to get your calculator out, getting close to a $5000 build

Hey Guys ... so quick update, truck has been disassembled and will be delivered to the shop tomorrow to start the build.
Just had to share this wheel that came in today ... words cannot describe just how nice this thing is in person

Thought you guys would appreciate the TLC horn emblem

IMG_0199 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_0200 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_0201 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom