Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The reason Slee's sliders are heavy and expensive is that you may be paying by the pound!

I like the looks of the Slee well enough, but they are heavy (website says both 225 lbs and 125 lbs, the latter is probably the correct one) and expensive.

The 225 lbs is packed weight, the 125lbs is the item weight for the pair. Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out on a Woocommerce site to change the label for weight to "shipping weight". So it is a little confusing. If someone knows how to do that, I am all ears.

Reactions: r2m
Heads up to all the GX owners the Toyota trd rock rails for the trd pro fit the GX nicely with KDSS.

697814BD-CFB5-4C25-A124-F2CFD6042045.jpeg

These look great. Was planning on RSG but for my needs these might be just the ticket.

Not gonna lie, imma get these for my 460. Too bad I couldn’t get them for our 470.

Not sure on using a hi lift Jack on them but I’m not a fan of them either. I’ll just use the factory Jack if need be.
Just for giggles, you may want to stick a jack under those sliders and start jacking, only up to the point of flex. Then see if you can bring it up any higher to support the vehicles weight without any bending. If it's not looking good, abort. Doing this Just in case you should ever need to use them as a jack point, you'll know for sure before hand if you can or cannot use them as a jack point when stuck in a situation.

I’ve always heard that they were kind of an in between. Not as strong as a set of real sliders, but not as weak as the steps that dealers install. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were only slightly thicker than the tube steps.

I've read on the 4Runner forums that they are just ok as an actual slider, most definitely not up to par with a true rock slider. For his needs/use they should work just fine but I don't think I'd ever truly rely on them as an actual slider than you can drop on.

Last edited:
I've read on the 4Runner forums that they are just ok as an actual slider, most definitely not up to par with a true rock slider. For his needs/use they should work just fine but I don't think I'd every truly rely on them as an actual slider than you can drop on.
Thanks for the info. They’ll definitely work great for my needs. I will order the same for the wife’s 4runner.

Not sure on using a hi lift Jack on them but I’m not a fan of them either. I’ll just use the factory Jack if need be.

May I suggest that you test your factory jack now to see if its still useable with a suspension modification and larger tires. Factory jack bottle jacks, floor jacks are for maintenance. Hi Lift Jack is for recovery.

Why are you not a fan of the Hi Lift? It's by far the most useful, cost effect piece of recovery equipment available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom