Carolina Relic Run 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it might help to have a list of those coming down in and not in the caravan... Somebody that knows the place can you let me know the address to the gas station so i can include it as well?

Southern States Gas Station 13655 Beverly Ford Rd, Elkwood, VA 22718​

Caravan:
1. Svensk120
2. Jakes40
3. Stumpalama
4. Tikicruiser

Non Caravan:

Last edited:
Southern States

13655 Beverly Ford Rd, Elkwood, VA 22718

I’ll be caravanning you all drive slow and saves me on gas!

I'm figuring to meet you guys somewhere near Charlottesville south of I-64 I'll be coming from the Richmond area.

I'm figuring to meet you guys somewhere near Charlottesville south of I-64 I'll be coming from the Richmond area.
If you're in the Subaru, Dr Ho's Humble Pie (great pizza and sandwiches - to go only currently) on 29 is 10 minutes south of 64. It's on the northbound side of 29 but is easy access and has a gas station that sells things like this... Not a good spot for trailers, though.

I'll scout out a southbound spot near there next week when I pass though and one that tow rigs can easily access, so y'all can deposit your morning coffee :)poop:).

eeRNNexlTPOKbeHjrTov8A.jpg

I'd be up for joining the caravan somewhere near Charlottesville, otherwise we'll be non-caravan-ers.

So I may need to be in NJ on Sunday the 6th for my father-in-law's memorial service. Which means I would probably need to leave on Saturday. With that being said, is CRR worth it for Thursday, Friday, and half of Saturday? Looking at the agenda, there didn't appear to be much on Friday? If not, can I sell/transfer my registration if anyone needs it?

is CRR worth it for Thursday, Friday, and half of Saturday?
The only organized ride is the "Relic Run" on Saturday morning, which is mostly just a chance to get groups of old trucks out together in packs. The rest of the time has no set schedule and there will always be people willing to ride. The campground is just a couple miles from the trails. I'd say it's worth it but I'm not the one towing a truck 5-7 hours to get there. That said, you won't see as many old LC's anywhere else.

The only organized ride is the "Relic Run" on Saturday morning, which is mostly just a chance to get groups of old trucks out together in packs. The rest of the time has no set schedule and there will always be people willing to ride. The campground is just a couple miles from the trails. I'd say it's worth it but I'm not the one towing a truck 5-7 hours to get there. That said, you won't see as many old LC's anywhere else.
Ok...I was considering driving the 40 all the way which might be interesting in itself, but also was kicking around a trailer (just in case). Have some thinking to do.
Thanks

Not sure if or where we would hook up coming from Annapolis.
Honestly I just mapped it and it wouldnt be very out of the way to just drive from Annapolis to the caravan start and head down with the group. its would only add about 30 minutes extra on a 6.5 hour drive....

So I may need to be in NJ on Sunday the 6th for my father-in-law's memorial service. Which means I would probably need to leave on Saturday. With that being said, is CRR worth it for Thursday, Friday, and half of Saturday? Looking at the agenda, there didn't appear to be much on Friday? If not, can I sell/transfer my registration if anyone needs it?
Sorry to hear that sad reason to have to bail early man...

Ok...I was considering driving the 40 all the way which might be interesting in itself, but also was kicking around a trailer (just in case). Have some thinking to do.
Thanks
man that is a LOOOONNGG drive to make in the 40.... and Mr Murphy would make it rain the whole way down and once you get there.... clear skys!

It is worth it for Friday and Saturday.
We have peeps that drive their 40s regularly on these long trips. @StaleAle rolls in his to and from and @BROKEROB1 drives from PA in his 40.

If you're in the Subaru, Dr Ho's Humble Pie (great pizza and sandwiches - to go only currently) on 29 is 10 minutes south of 64. It's on the northbound side of 29 but is easy access and has a gas station that sells things like this... Not a good spot for trailers, though.

I'll scout out a southbound spot near there next week when I pass though and one that tow rigs can easily access, so y'all can deposit your morning coffee :)poop:).

View attachment 2635991
Dr. Ho's is great! I also like the little store for some home made deserts!

I have a buddy in the Greensboro/ High point area that is looking for a good place for a bite in that area that will be easy on and off for any trailers and the like..

I have a buddy in the Greensboro/ High point area that is looking for a good place for a bite in that area that will be easy on and off for any trailers and the like..
Don't count on him finding any.

Dunno he has lived in the area most of his life... And he loves to eat lol... So we shall see

we are usually rolling past Dr. Ho's before they open... We are usually around Lynchburg for lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom