Boone's Big Adventure - Planning/buildout Thread- April 17th- May 1 2021- ID UT AZ MOAB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

driver front wheel is the worst one
96D29A45-8FE5-41B8-A354-30FCE8F00193.jpeg

I like the used look. What you really need to do is go pick up a 40. Drive the 40 when you've got the FJC apart, and.. um... ride a bicycle when the 40 breaks something while you've got the FJC apart? It's not a perfect plan.

I like the used look. What you really need to do is go pick up a 40. Drive the 40 when you've got the FJC apart, and.. um... ride a bicycle when the 40 breaks something while you've got the FJC apart? It's not a perfect plan.
I have a mazda miata that i drive when the FJC is broken. and the 40 anytime soo is a delusional dream. I'm the exact wrong person to buy a 40.

The main requirements for owning and enjoying a 40 is expendable income and questionable standards for safety and reliability. I've seen your posts on Mud and Instagram and you drive a vehicle you can't see out of. You're be one of us someday.

The main requirements for owning and enjoying a 40 is expendable income and questionable standards for safety and reliability. I've seen your posts on Mud and Instagram and you drive a vehicle you can't see out of. You're be one of us someday.
the problem is i REALLY REALLY wanna build a Lexus next. but who knows. I have been known to make crazy financial decisions on a whim. Bought my condo and it was on the market for less then 24 hours. Bought the Miata on a Friday afternoon and it was on CL for 2 hours. I drove it to the bank with the guy to pull out cash at 4:45. So if its in the cards...and i have a very low regard for personal safety.

This was already off topic, and I apologize for that, but what is a Lexus going to do that your FJC doesn't do? Slightly more space? The ability to see out of it? Certainly not more capability.

This was already off topic, and I apologize for that, but what is a Lexus going to do that your FJC doesn't do? Slightly more space? The ability to see out of it? Certainly not more capability.
seat warmers, leather, alot more space. i wont sell the fj. ill probs keep it stock for a while with some good tires on it. tryin to be that idiot that people see and think, wow. is he really gonna ruin that nice lexus. hahah. I want to build a 200 and the LX market seems to have a better selection in the used market.

I get most of that. I like to sit on leather when I'm drinking bourbon or reading a book. I don't like leather in vehicles, but that's just my preference. I don't love what Lexus has been doing with the front clip/grill for the last few years, but I suppose a bumper replacement could fix a lot of that. I don't know that it'll ever have as much character as the FJC though.

I got a ton of leftover material if you want some.
we could make it happen. That sweet Toyota decal that you gave to Jon ended up on my hood

I might have to take you up on that. I like that you did one side too!

Don't forget the ability to work on/repair it! :rofl:

Not much to post on the build side, seeing as we are pretty much done:bounce:
However, we are 9 days from departure and that means we are in perishable prep!
Good trip planning isn't just about building bitchen rigs. Making sure the menu is on point its just as critical! We are planning seven days of provisions which will take us from Bozeman to a re-supply Blanding/Hanksville, which includes a shower! From there we will be ready to move North.

With that being said, we are still on trac for a 4:00 am departure from town pump in 4corners Saturday 4/17.

After over 10 weeks of building we are ready to explore!

I'm always interested to know what others are packing for meals on trips. Backpacking and bicycle touring require tons of calories, but everything needs to be shelf stable and light. Living out of the back of a Subaru when I was doing a lot of rock climbing in college, the priority was low cost to offset my beer budget. Road trips with my wife tend to be sandwiches with nice bread, cheese, and sliced meats for lunches, breakfast and dinner tend to be at places she finds along the route. Menu planning is probably the next step of planning for my Magruder Corridor trip this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom