What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On Sunday I finished cleaning the contacts inside the replacement drivers door power window and door lock master switch (bought used here on MUD). I was hoping to install it and the refurbished relay from @Spook50 into the door of my '86 FJ60 on Monday, but the weather for a local hike was too good to pass up. My wife and I hiked down a side canyon about a mile from the house, then back up to the east end of town to catch the local shuttle bus back to the truck. Although we've both lived here off and on for more than 64 years, we've never been in that side canyon before. Interesting geology to say the least, plus some cliff dwellings to boot. Hopefully I'll get the door back together and check it out - maybe I'll have a working power window again later today.

Front-Door-Switch-and-Relay.jpg

Kwage-Canyon-1.jpg

Kwage-Canyon-3.jpg

Kwage-Canyon-4.jpg

Pueblo-Canyon-3.jpg

I was able to reinstall the master switch and relay. Works great now. I'd highly recommend sending your power window relay to @Spook50 for a rebuild if you're having problems with your power windows.

Not over the weekend, but yesterday evening and this afternoon... removed by original dealer installed roof rack (1987 62); a piece of junk that left so many f'n holes in my roof. Sanded around each hole and went ahead and sanded a couple of micro-bubbles that were just appearing in various places. JB welded (yeah, I know, it's inferior to welding, but I'm working with what I've got) all of the holes. Heading back out to sand down the JB, clean, treat for rust that I can't see (the invisible stuff) and prime the bare metal.

I was able to reinstall the master switch and relay. Works great now. I'd highly recommend sending your power window relay to @Spook50 for a rebuild if you're having problems with your power windows.
Glad to hear it's working! Got a large batch of components coming in tomorrow or Friday so I'll have stock to do 12 more boxes until I need to order more parts. @Scro's box was just delivered today so it'll be checked, cleaned and prepped so I can get it done and on its way back to him as quickly as possible!

To clarify, this box controls up down and auto down of the driver's door window only. I have to double check next time mine is disconnected, but I believe the other windows will still work without it from their own switches. But if you're having trouble with your driver's door window, odds are this or the switch will be the culprit.

I recently found out Toyota japan Disc. / NLA a needed vintage toyota 40 and 60 series connector housing

1st generation 2 pin splash 💦 proof or
Sealed now there called

I like splash 💦 proof better !

Anyway

It made me p#ssed off to no end , another dart 🎯 to my land cruiser community peeps and me too !

- USA late model 2 wire choke solenoid

- fj60 front marker lamps

- FJ40 rear side marker sub harnesses

- FJ60 Front Clearance lamps

- FJ60 Big Cap Dizzy Connector

- FJ60 VSV # 3 and 6

- vsv valves 40 and 60 2F

Heck my 1995 hilux in college had these as horn connectors just like a 79 FJ40
So bottom line we Will NEVER be short or shy the 90981-10091 male splash 💦 proof 2 pins first gen sealed housings ever .....Not in my lifetime anyway
I got japan to make me a custom 1000pc mini run of them

Well here we are and There we Shall Go ....

072552BC-FE57-417F-8E20-1E4502CDD087.jpeg
D038D583-B107-47F4-8435-E45D52468649.jpeg
CF1E1A31-8F44-49FF-9FF2-81E7D71E9C1C.jpeg
28D0D3FE-594E-47A5-9D2C-8C4B6BD32BF7.jpeg
DC24E0CB-5B1D-4200-B8F4-6C0B9E3A4637.jpeg

I recently found out Toyota japan Disc. / NLA a needed vintage toyota 40 and 60 series connector housing

1st generation 2 pin splash 💦 proof or
Sealed now there called

I like splash 💦 proof better !

Anyway

It made me p#ssed off to no end , another dart 🎯 to my land cruiser community peeps and me too !

- USA late model 2 wire choke solenoid

- fj60 front marker lamps

- FJ40 rear side marker sub harnesses

- FJ60 Front Clearance lamps

- FJ60 Big Cap Dizzy Connector

- FJ60 VSV # 3 and 6

- vsv valves 40 and 60 2F

Heck my 1995 hilux in college had these as horn connectors just like a 79 FJ40
So bottom line we Will NEVER be short or shy the 90981-10091 male splash 💦 proof 2 pins first gen sealed housings ever .....Not in my lifetime anyway
I got japan to make me a custom 1000pc mini run of them

Well here we are and There we Shall Go ....

View attachment 2639927View attachment 2639928View attachment 2639929View attachment 2639930View attachment 2639931
🎶 He’s a magic man, ooooooh🎶

a slightly bigger impact Disc. NLA parts reproduction topic would be :

88440-20060 Pulley , Idler A/C compressor Roller bearing assy.

i have finally cracked the code and successful reproduced it using 100% Toyota genuine parts in every way sourced from 3 different NON-USA toyota vehicle platforms using similar set ups .....

below the pics should speak for them selves ..............

old NLA / DISC 88440-20060 , now i have superseded it to MY part OEM part # 88440-20061 redesigned , re-engineered and Re-Released for the foreseeable future to serve the entire 60 series community well as it should and needs to big time also !

presenting a huge needed parts solution i spent over a year working on pretty steady ..........

its perfect in every way .... :cool: :beer: 🦄

note : Black bracket is a mock up photos prop and does not come with my new updated roller idler pulley asy

you should already have this on your fj60 now ..

16053701145971.png

DSCN7451.JPG
DSCN7452.JPG
DSCN7453.JPG
DSCN7455.JPG
DSCN7458.JPG

Last edited:
install steps are in my photos order too as well

hidden cryptic skunk works instructions sheet included ....:)

DSCN7464.JPG
DSCN7466.JPG
DSCN7467.JPG
DSCN7469.JPG

I faced a sneaky suspicion that I've been in denial about. Checked the oil in the transfer case to find it over filled with about a quart of extra stinky 90w. I really wanted to believe that only you guys have/had this problem. Lots of fine shiny stuff suspended in the oil too. What made me face it was the old 4-speed wasn't shifting as smooth as it used to. Neglected maintenance is a pet peeve of mine so to catch myself being guilty is a real shame.

I faced a sneaky suspicion that I've been in denial about. Checked the oil in the transfer case to find it over filled with about a quart of extra stinky 90w. I really wanted to believe that only you guys have/had this problem. Lots of fine shiny stuff suspended in the oil too. What made me face it was the old 4-speed wasn't shifting as smooth as it used to. Neglected maintenance is a pet peeve of mine so to catch myself being guilty is a real shame.
Face it. Your subconscious it’s trying to buy a 5 speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom