TTT -- The Tool Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am in need of either a 6" or 8" buffer, for use while I'm rebuilding a 1938 South Bend 9" lathe. While I would really like to have (read "have", as opposed to "spend money on") a 1.2k mac daddy industrial buffer, I don't have room for one. Even the Chinesium models seem to be $400 these days.

Anyone have one they don't need, or at least, don't need for a month?

I'm also coming to grips with the fact that I'm going to have to spend $80 (for each grit) for a stack of Scotchbrite pads (which mildly burns me). Ideally. although I'd like an 8" buffer on my bench, my bench doesn't have any room on it for one (and I don't have room for another bench). I'd be more than willing to let the pads go back with a loaner.

EDIT: problem solved!

Yeah, I found that during my search; it appears they're so popular HF didn't have any in stock, as of yesterday. Guess I have to make a quick trip...thanks for bringing that back to my attention!

Last edited:
No way I can’t show off my new tool box!
862BB669-2A5F-4016-8920-19F62584DB2D.jpeg
DCFB536E-D76F-4618-BF40-2767EE68DA58.jpeg

The time has come to make some AC lines for Moonshine (finally).

1617728143543.png

Baker scaffold off FB marketplace (thanks @AJR for the hookup!). This will make high work way, way, way easier. Will probably use this for pressure washing the roofs of the trucks too.

View attachment 2646149

1618497189423.png

I saw @roadstr6 post on instagram about his method for cleaning a muddy undercarriage. It made me remember a tool I'd seen recently. I think you guys might appreciate this thing if you have a pressure washer.

Amazon product ASIN B07K22DGRY

Crap. Now I have to ditch my sprinkler.

I feel the same way about lifts as i do about pick up trucks. The minute you buy one, you suddenly discover you have a lot more friends ... who need a favor.

I learned about pickups at a young age. Full sized pick up and a 6'4" 225 pound guy in good shape was the perfect "free move". So I started telling folks "you buy gas and lunch at a minimum, Just because I am big does not mean I enjoy lifting furniture on my days off." It tapered off fast.

Same applies to tools. I was a general contractor/builder in my first life. People were always wanting to borrow tools, you know, the tools I earn a living with. Chasing them down so I could go to work was a PITA. So I started charging, say a sawzall was $120.00. You give me $120.00 in cash, you get it back if you return my tool in the shape you picked it up. Break or damage it or not bring it back so I can use it Monday at work. You keep it because I am buying a new one. THe tool borrowing stopped.

I've been moving since April. I am doing something wrong.

LOL, the price has gone up since the late 70s early 80s :)

@weejub you need to take the top off Reba and stack that stuff to the sky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom