The Knitting Circle (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, wondering what the weather conditions were looking like up that way currently. We made a run to pick up a FJ55 carcass in FL this weekend and will be rolling back thru tomorrow and I'm trying to get my game plan together. Thanks for any road condition updates.

Will be rolling 65 straight thru. Hoping to make it to at least Cullman area before having to assess. The TN River Bridge is what has me most concerned because it's a long sumbeech.

Hey guys, wondering what the weather conditions were looking like up that way currently. We made a run to pick up a FJ55 carcass in FL this weekend and will be rolling back thru tomorrow and I'm trying to get my game plan together. Thanks for any road condition updates.

Will be rolling 65 straight thru. Hoping to make it to at least Cullman area before having to assess. The TN River Bridge is what has me most concerned because it's a long sumbeech.

Run on bread and milk currently but unsure on what's actually expected.

I’ve slid sideways down that bridge once and once was enough.

Snowing on Shades Mountain
383D9F07-D1AC-47EC-AEC2-6B1DACABF03C.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a house or a piece of land near montgomery. Prattville, wetumpka, hope hull, pike road ,etc. I would rather not be in a subdivision/neighborhood if I can avoid it.

That is awesome.

Our wagon got rear ended and I think they are going to total it. That means I'm unwillingly being thrust into this insane used car market. How much for the 45?
I have no idea man. The plan is always to keep them, but it’s been proven that I’m not emotionally attached to any one truck.

Ill get it here and see if you want to come check it out.

I saw an incredible 40 in fitzpatrick. Does anyone know who is in that area?

My seemingly endless quest to find the perfect vehicle has a new "maybe" for the list.

There are a couple of people bringing JDM vans to the USA. I'm reading what I can find and watching what I can find about the 3.0 turbo diesels. The little bit I have seen is that it appears the 2.8 non-turbo is preferable, but one guy in australia said you can expect to rebuild it and start fresh because of oil build up. Another guy said they just put a new head on no matter what. I think that comment was across the board any 4cly toyota diesel that came into the shop.

@BMThiker Talking to Kait I said "its a timing belt so that has to be changed." She said is that something you're going to do or are you calling ACC. I said I'll probably be making a trip to Atlanta and staying the weekend on someones couch.

Is the pandemic price too high to stomach? I see some old posts about getting these vans at auction for less than 7 grand, then spending 2 or 3 thousand to get them across the ocean and through customs. 5-6k extra doesnt seem like that much extra to pay considering the last couple of years.

Not Land Cruiser related but definitely worth a look. From my daughters basement door bell camera near Lake Purdy. I believe it's an eastern diamondback.

Ring #AlwaysHome - https://ring.com/share/9d966dfd-0c60-4a24-8a15-739163daa37a

Nope, not an eastern diamondback, not in the Birmingham area. E. diamondbacks occur only in the southern portion of the state. Image of the snake is not clear enough for a solid identification but I'm leaning toward gray rat snake because they're not too uncommon in residential areas, climb well, and are moving this time of year.

screenshotted and enlarged, looks like a king snake?

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.42.18 AM.png

screenshotted and enlarged, looks like a king snake?

View attachment 2811973

Looks like a rat snake. In the image you can see a neck more narrow in width than the head, a kingsnake's neck and head are about same width. Head width appears too narrow for a rattlesnake.

Catch the snake and I can tell you for sure :lol:

Seems to be the year of the dirty Grey Rat Snake. I've seen the ugliest Grey Rats more this year than ever. I wanna see pretty color marked snakes, not some dingy colored snakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom