Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paddy is a good one, and doesn't hurt the wallet if you'll be drinking a lot. Or some Green Spot but that'll cost more

Was feeling frugal and the fact that Paddy was only $20 and came in a container like EH Taylor sealed the decision....I liked it, actually a little too much as I consumed half the bottle last night! I'll have to try some of the other recommendations in time. Red Breast seems to be plentiful here...picture for price reference.

Paddy's.jpg
Red Breast.jpg

Was feeling frugal and the fact that Paddy was only $20 and came in a container like EH Taylor sealed the decision....I liked it, actually a little too much as I consumed half the bottle last night! I'll have to try some of the other recommendations in time. Red Breast seems to be plentiful here...picture for price reference.

View attachment 2617911View attachment 2617912
I don't touch Jameson anymore. Paddy is so much smoother and delicious to me. Glad you liked it!

I don't touch Jameson anymore. Paddy is so much smoother and delicious to me. Glad you liked it!
No doubt, I'm a fan and appreciate the suggestion!

I did pick up one of these, though. I'm not a scotch fan but tolerate this one pretty well - only took me a year to finish! There's one from Oban that I really like but didn't see tonight.

I'm not a big Scotch fan either, but Balvenie makes a Caribbean Cask version that is finished in rum barrels that I kinda like.

Interestingly, Jameson, Red Breast, and all the Spots are the same base spirit. The difference is all in the aging processes.
Head to head tastings make for an interesting night

Interestingly, Jameson, Red Breast, and all the Spots are the same base spirit. The difference is all in the aging processes.
Head to head tastings make for an interesting night
Yup. Yet they taste better lol. I enjoy the spots more than the equivalent aged Jameson
Bushmills has some good offerings too. Love me Irish whiskey. Worked with them for too long and molded me haha

Been a good day after work

20210322_212039.jpg

Finally had some Pappy 23 tonight, it was good, but now that itch is scratched.
DDA60104-9301-4626-8A27-B3176D487A12.jpeg

Buddy / coworker sent me this the other day while was working on a project that he owns:

1616469611988.png

How was it? Worth the price?
If was good. I would say yes on the price; I have been looking for awhile and we were with good friends, so for one drink it was worth the price. I probably won’t do it again though.

Jameson has never been good to me...... except for their 18....... that is one of my favorite Irish Whiskeys by far.

If was good. I would say yes on the price; I have been looking for awhile and we were with good friends, so for one drink it was worth the price. I probably won’t do it again though.
I've tried them all...... this was back before the huge price hike from the past 6 years. Back then i'd say it was good and glad I did it at least the few times I did. Now i'd say it is way way way overpriced. BUT and it is a huge but if you are a huge bourbon fan i'd say everyone should try them at least once. If you are a casual bourbon fan or like other whisky styles more than don't do it.

So if anyone has a "bit" of money burning in their pocket and wanted to get something

163400388_2965430267063220_6454047001540956861_o.jpg

Grabbed Martin Cate’s book for the wife this past Christmas. We’ve been drinking tiki drinks every weekend since (except for St. Pat’s of course ).
We have had a blast, and have started a deeper exploration of the world of rums.
Tiki is certainly a different animal (from the straight liquor I tend to drink) but damned if they don’t drink easy.
Check it out. Have some fun.
image.jpg

Been wanting to try a bottle of Jane. Good stuff?
Yup!, I think Jane is very pleasant. Of course I'm a big fan of the higher ABVs and Jane rolls at 45.5% so I don't usually stick with Jane, but it's an enjoyable dram.

Reactions: MDK
I've tried them all...... this was back before the huge price hike from the past 6 years. Back then i'd say it was good and glad I did it at least the few times I did. Now i'd say it is way way way overpriced. BUT and it is a huge but if you are a huge bourbon fan i'd say everyone should try them at least once. If you are a casual bourbon fan or like other whisky styles more than don't do it.
I can't help but weigh in on this...

I've never obtained a full bottle myself, but I've been fortunate to be friends with those who (somehow) always come up with Pappy. This has afforded me the opportunity to try most of them (10, Lot B, 15, 20, Rye...). Everytime I try it, I go in thinking that they have GOT TO BE overrated. ...BUT in the end I typically concede that they are one of the best bourbons I've ever tasted. That being said, they are absolutely NOT worth their secondary market prices, but they are absolutely worth their true retail prices (as set by the distillery).

So I reckon I'm agreeing with Al and Patrick. It's worth trying at some point and perhaps even dropping 3 digits for a dram on a special occasion, but by no means worth the $1000s of dollars that people a paying per bottle. But if you can find any of them for $100-$300 snatch it up, tack on a 10% finder's fee and I'll happily buy it off of you! ;)

Sipped on this one this weekend. Taking it slow but it is incredibly smooth!

5FC5891C-A434-488E-8704-8C72991B9DC3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom