Zack's roof rack build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

step 1) buy one of these machines for DLC
step 2) sell racks
step 3) collect all the money.

(I stole this video off facebook from rick)

426159_4876370659770_2019019286_n.jpg

526889_4876367979703_190121056_n.jpg

I am ready for the tent to be on a trailer, with the awning in the way that tent is a real bitch to fold up.

my faux lights look pretty sweet up there, I am ready for an aux fuse box so I can get them wired and working.

I have a camper shell ony truck and want to mount my rack.

The shell has cross bars on a track, but the rack is a foot or two long than the topper. If I have one cross bar set as far forward as possible, and mount to the center support of my rack, and have the other cross bar where ever the end of the rack mounts line up, would that be too much unsupported weight forward of the camper shell? it would hang over the cab of my truck a good bit, I dont have the rack here to measure it, but its about 1/2 the rack.

rack.png

It would only be inadequate if you wanted to put anything on it. If you want to use it, you will have to reinforce the front half to support much of anything.

I keep thinking of details to add which slows me down, but everything is cut except for the mesh at this point. Just got to finish welding the top rack and the million joints and smooth out the welds on top.

Sadly, I am a little jealous of this one, don't know if I'll have the motivation to build one for myself too.

IMAG0796.jpg
9 years later and this is finally mine! Zack offered it to me a year ago and I finally made time to go pick it up. I have to order some towers and paint to color match and I will post some updated pics

I completely forgot this rack had a thread!
You should post the picture you sent me it looks great on your 80.

We need an "old timers" meeting so we can all see it!

I put it on the outback when I considered bringing it up on a trip to birmingham but I don't think there's anyway it would have made it. I know you posted you think it's 60ish lbs or something. But I swear it's about 3x heavier now than it was 9 years ago.

signal-2021-03-25-133639.jpg

My 100 roof rack lives on in TN on my buddies 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom