ONSC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any one of us can remedy the situation.
Elected officials put the system in place.
Only elected officials will alter it. You seem to have a platform. Run for office. Be the change you want to see.

....and on a completely different tack, if anyone in Raleigh tells you otherwise, it all bull****. I was only at the Red Roof trying to extol e virtues of Husqvarna.

what podcasts does everyone listen to?

I haven't listened to mine once this year. Too much time on the road and just enjoying some good music when I work that I don't have to pay attention to at all.

But i'm in the mood to get back into it.
Mostly i've listened to Joe Rogan, The art of manliness and Adam Carola's.

I haven't listened to mine once this year. Too much time on the road and just enjoying some good music when I work that I don't have to pay attention to at all.

This American Life - can't go wrong there (except during election time, they were all political)

Smartless - some pretty funny interviews with some interesting stories and such from their weekly guests. Hosted by Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, & Will Arnett. I really enjoyed episodes with Neil deGrasse Tyson, Dax Shepard, and Seth Rogan.

If you never listened to it, the first season of Serial is captivating.

x2 for this american life. I don't listen to podcasts regularly, but Laura downloads them for us for road trips. Serial was INSANE.

Mike Rowe - The Way I Heard It
Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase (flight attendant stories)
The Tobolowsky Files - stories told by character actor, Stephen Tobolowsky, funnier and more humbling than you might think. He's an excellent story teller.
Gimlet Media has several 'casts and Reply All is my favorite.
Marvel did a serialized audio book style 'cast of a couple of Wolverine stories. Voice acting was great and stories are pretty good.
NPR's Wait-Wait Don't Tell Me game is also entertaining.

Smartless is quite funny, especially the recent one with George Clooney! I also enjoy Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History and The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe. Have listened to a few Cautionary Tales. Will have to check out American Life & Serial.

If you like Serial, check out S***-Town.
Oh yeah, that was the first podcast I ever listened to at my youngest daughters suggestion years ago!

Small Town Dicks - true crime stories (this one is cohosted by Lisa Simpson/Yeardley Smith). . . this can be a dark rabbit hole. Often compelling, but I can only listen to them every once in a while.

Oh yeah, that was the first podcast I ever listened to at my youngest daughters suggestion years ago!
Atlanta Monster - retraces the investigation of the ATL child murders of the 80's and even gets Wayne Williams in several interviews. I was a kid just outside of ATL when all this went down, and my memory of the news is vague at best, but we were all scared at the time. So, actually hearing the whole case explained and analyzed from a modern perspective was interesting to me. The one flaw is the producer implies that they intend to break the case, but by the end of the series it doesn't really come to any new revelations. However, the journey is very interesting.

I’ve gotten lazy as i age...didn’t want to spend 1/2 a day and two trips to the dump for this so I texted some craigslist ads. A winner showed up. Would’ve bet money he couldn’t fit it all in the trailer but after some chainsaw action he was GTG! I feel like I got a deal especially considering the entertainment!!

BF94FD13-A791-44DD-98D8-FC4E63B97B9E.jpeg
8C347B84-ABE8-4910-BA41-6947761822ED.jpeg

Season one of Crime Town was good
Bear Brook true story about several bodies found in a barrel out in Bear Brook State park

I was going to also recommend Small Town Dicks. @BMThiker thats funny. I never bothered to pay attention to who was hosting, but all the time I thought,”damn if this gal doesn’t sound like Lisa Simpson”.

I almost want to go look at this truck just to meet the author of the ad...🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom