What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (95 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This weekend our local LC club teamed up with two other local off road clubs for a trail cleanup/ride on some local trails. We bagged a lot of trash, had a lot of fun and made some new friends. Here are a few pictures of my day.

99C163FE-2B0B-4B71-B21C-A8F87D9DC559.jpeg
05F61450-311D-4AAB-AF57-E49FB54CECB4.jpeg
A87C9C0F-3E1C-47ED-B552-BAC6C5BD84AA.jpeg
DA581BD1-012B-452D-823E-21467E822DB0.jpeg

DCE415F1-FC7D-4F19-9B58-AD32FB0946E8.jpeg
Did you know a forty can fit in a 6’ bed? Sans top, but it would have fit as well. Off to the painter, 4-5 week turn around he claims... Gotta finish the engine swap still and tie up a few loose ends, so hopefully that time swap works.

View attachment 2616631Did you know a forty can fit in a 6’ bed? Sans top, but it would have fit as well. Off to the painter, 4-5 week turn around he claims... Gotta finish the engine swap still and tie up a few loose ends, so hopefully that time swap works.
Are the tub and cowl being painted separately, then you will join them up afterwards?

Boy==you guys put me to shame!!

Waiting for deliveries (today) on new gas cap, overflow container, wipers, weather stripping and into the shop for a radiator flush. Friday, my custom jerry can carrier is coming (it's costing me a bunch of clam chowder!). Tuffy console should arrive this week and then a stereo goes in. Also tires next week.

Are the tub and cowl being painted separately, then you will join them up afterwards?
That’s the plan. I considered assembling it before paint, but I wanted proper paint in between the sandwiched areas(aluminum vs steel). I did a test fit before sending it out. I ran a unpainted tub for 3 years, because I was to excited to have it on the road again.

Put in a new Transmission pan seal for the TH350, replaced the thermostat seal and returned to my previous clutch fan / pusher fan setup from the electric dual fan and shroud setup. Oh, and no big deal, rebuilt the front axle. 3 days on the axle, 1 to tear down, 1 to clean everything, and then 1 day to put everything back together. first time doing all this and had the chance to show my girls (twin 13 year olds) how to pack bearings. I should have taken more photos for a write-up of the axle rebuild with torque specs, maybe next time when I rebuild the axle on the 85 pickup.

BQSO5363.JPG

DDRL8691.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4237.JPG

Idiotic PO installed the roll cage over the ignition switch (DUMB!!). Can't get the key inserted. Ordered a new one and will have it relocated to the right of the steering Colum. Installing new parking lights and remaining two speakers this weekend. Ordered gasket set for front hubs (M47 Warns). Once key is in, a fluid leak (Idiot PO placed the screw to the lower hose facing upwards, so you can't get to it from below) and radiator flush. Rebuild front hubs when parts get it (further down the line).

Oh, painted shovel, gas can, and ax same color as the Mud Sloth and installed shovel behind Hi-Lift. Gonna paint bottle jack a pale green.

I took my son and the dog to Ft Pickens, about a 40 mile round trip. My son broke his collar bone 10 weeks ago riding his One Wheel and it was time for him to get back in the saddle. The northern terminus of the Florida Trail is located here and the trails are perfect for riding. Pensacola Naval Air Station is due north of Ft. Pickens. We were unexpectedly treated to a Blue Angels practice session. This is the first time we have seen them flying the FA-18 SuperHornet which they transitioned to just this year. I shamelessly borrowed the Angels photo to give you guys an idea of what we were treated to. Couldn’t capture anything good with my phone. Also the Osprey were very active trying to out perform the Angels. I must have seen a dozen or so. Needless to say it was a great morning.
21C8ADCD-C1F8-480D-BC4F-0BA4CBD4509E.jpeg
BECD4F34-0DD5-4CC9-81F4-EECBBE5FFB07.jpeg
C52352AF-9541-4162-B795-EE6998C62E33.png

AA2D5BCC-8D1C-4430-9F61-9E944CB1C099.png

I put off getting the door glass in the LV for quite awhile. The channel, side wiper/fuzzies are not available for it, so I had to find products that would work. Once I got those like I wanted, it was time to put the glass in and make them roll up and down. Success! I have four operable windows that don't rattle and do not leak water, or whistle driving down the road.

Window_Fuzzies.jpg

Windows_in.jpg

Once those were done, I decided to tackle the Wing windows. The gaskets were a pain, but I got em. Then I had to strip down the wings themselves. I drove the pins out of the latch mechanisms and went for it. I was torn about color. Spring Green?...Off-White? I decided on GM Argent Silver (which I already had in a can of Dupont Centari). Sanded, masked, primed and painted... Then, installed:

IMG_6781.JPG

I'm really happy with the results. Next up, the seats go in for upholstery next Wednesday.

She's getting close, gentlemen.

Chuck

Pensacola Naval Air Station is due north of Ft. Pickens. We were unexpectedly treated to a Blue Angels practice session. This is the first time we have seen them flying the FA-18 SuperHornet which they transitioned to just this year. I shamelessly borrowed the Angels photo to give you guys an idea of what we were treated to. Couldn’t capture anything good with my phone. Also the Osprey were very active trying to out perform the Angels. I must have seen a dozen or so. Needless to say it was a great morning. View attachment 2619373View attachment 2619374View attachment 2619384
View attachment 2619400
It's always fun to see the jets practicing. We just sold our place in Nevada earlier this year, and while out there fixing the place up getting it ready to sell the Thunderbirds had a few practice days. We got some excellent videos with our phones, smoke trails and all. Creech Air Force Base is home to the Thunderbirds, and our house was about 1/4 mile from the main E-W runway. The flight path for their cross pattern was directly over our house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom