Definitive 1" Body Lift How To (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put in a 2" from 4 crawler about 3ish years ago. You will need the steering extension, make a spacer for the transfer shifter. Also modify the rad brackets, I actually removed, cut, and added metal to make it a 2 in drop. The brake lines have enough coil in them to accommodate the lift. Also some of the rad lines on the firewall that go to the engine will need to be swapped for longer ones.
Any pics for t/c shifter spacer.

Last edited:
IMG_20200202_104231.jpg

These are the part that I made. Tcase is just 1" square tube welded and drilled. The supports were cut patched and welded in. I used this for 50k ish miles. Decided to remove the 2" lift when I got sliders. If your interested in kit pm me. I've been meaning to sell it but haven't gotten around to getting pictures and posting it

My shifter keeps popping out of low range after my 1” body lift. Any recommendations on how to adjust it? Or is there a boot i need to cut. I saw a think on YouTube where a guy cut and rewelded the shaft. I weld so that could be easy for me. Any advise?

My shifter keeps pooping out of low range after my 1” body lift. Any recommendations on how to adjust it? Or is there a boot i need to cut. I saw a think on YouTube where a guy cut and rewelded the shaft. I weld so that could be easy for me. Any advise?
What year is yours?

Here's what I did. Though I'm currently making a relocation bracket for my 4l80e swap.

Awesome. I hope it's helpful. It isn't a great production, but there isn't much info in this area.

You might be able to make a spacer too, just make sure that you have enough extra linkage to make up the difference. Also, my 80 is a '91 so keep that in mind.

I’ll start taking it apart this weekend and see if i can identify why it’s nocking out and the easiest way to solve it

This material is better handled on a lathe.
But if you're careful you can pretty much get it Square on a chop saw and drill the hell didn't the vice
so just to confirm you added spacers on the 4 bolts under the base of the s***er to compensate for the body lift.
Yes, if you have a lathe it's easier to work with this material. You could still do it with a saw and drill.

For those doing more than a 1” BL, this old thread of mine might be useful

For those doing more than a 1” BL, this old thread of mine might be useful

actually that helps for my 1”. Thank you

actually that helps for my 1”. Thank you
I have also seen some builds where they leave the mounting with no change, but “Z” the shifter rod by cutting it, and welding a 1”-1.5”-2” spacer between the cut ends.

seems I recently saw a T-case shifter rod somewhere in my parts pile when I was considering this option. Free to anybody wants to experiment & pay postage

Last edited:
I have also seen some builds where they leave the mounting with no change, but “Z” the shifter rod by cutting it, and welding a 1”-1.5”-2” spacer between the cut ends.

seems I recently saw a T-case shifter rod somewhere in my parts pile when I was considering this option. Free to anybody wants to experiment & pay postage
Wait, just reread my own post

“Z’ing” the shifter rod, would be after spacers were used to lift the shifter up through the floor. The shifter rod would be “Z’ed” rather than the shifter arm extended.

Never mind me, the 70’s were not kind to my memory !!

I was able to weld 2 1" box tube together when I had my 2" lift. I did not have to make any adjustments to the linkage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom