The Daily Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone hear about a guy in Putnum CT that has opened up his land to public wheeling? One of my customers was talking to me about it. He said its about 10 acres of trails and his jeep club has been a few times. I will ask him for a address next time I see him. Could be a possibility.
I know a local Jeep guy. I’ll ask and see if he knows. But keep me apprised!

Hey Eastern Brothers and Sisters! My daughter is making plans to come to Springfield, MA to play basketball at STCC. She'll be arriving in July and staying in a basement apartment near forest park. She's not taking her Cruiser with her, but she has a love for them and for offroading, hiking, rock climbing, rafting/kayaking, camping, and of course...basketball. Is there anyone in this group that's close to that area? Any tips to help her out on her first time 2000+ miles from home? These pictures are her and her '92 Cruiser.
IMG_20200515_195043.jpg
IMG_20200515_203030.jpg
IMG_20200516_142203.jpg

He is in a few. CT Jeep Life, South Coast Jeep and New England Offroad.
He said he the trail is Tipsy Taber Trails

Huh few vides on the youtube. Looks like a fun place.

Their fb group: Facebook Groups - https://www.facebook.com/groups/195634558806023

Edit, I shot them a messsage for more info this is what I got:

Private owned course style track that runs the property. Is a harsh green to moderate blue mix. The harsh greens are mostly off camber situations, blue are challenge areas. They ask for $10 donation for trail maint and port-a-john rental. They have a moderator for the trail system that runs the place for the property owners. Its a full day of wheeling. When we run everyone through the normal course, we then meet up in staging lot and break. Discuss either a reverse run or send smaller groups out to hit challenge areas. Events start at 10. Best to arrive 9:30-9:45 to sign waiver and air down if you wish to.

Last edited:
Huh few vides on the youtube. Looks like a fun place.

Their fb group: Facebook Groups - https://www.facebook.com/groups/195634558806023

Edit, I shot them a messsage for more info this is what I got:

Private owned course style track that runs the property. Is a harsh green to moderate blue mix. The harsh greens are mostly off camber situations, blue are challenge areas. They ask for $10 donation for trail maint and port-a-john rental. They have a moderator for the trail system that runs the place for the property owners. Its a full day of wheeling. When we run everyone through the normal course, we then meet up in staging lot and break. Discuss either a reverse run or send smaller groups out to hit challenge areas. Events start at 10. Best to arrive 9:30-9:45 to sign waiver and air down if you wish to.

Looks typical of CT. Maybe worth a shot to get a group together. No real stress over tire size etc.

We should def do a club run. And I should def get my red 62 trail/road capable 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Maybe I should host a wrench day again, and bang her out so I can actually drive on runs again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷🏻‍♂️. More trucks than time....

Also, how does our club Facebook page work? It seems not to be just a group where you can post to. Have to go to a chat area. Is it even seen? I’m in a few different groups in FB, and all you have to do is go to the group and post. May her some more action or less crickets all around if it was more of a Facebook group? Just stinks the lack of energy the site/club has had in the last few years. Or are we just full of hermits?

Also, how does our club Facebook page work? It seems not to be just a group where you can post to. Have to go to a chat area. Is it even seen? I’m in a few different groups in FB, and all you have to do is go to the group and post. May her some more action or less crickets all around if it was more of a Facebook group? Just stinks the lack of energy the site/club has had in the last few years. Or are we just full of hermits?
The world has become full of hermits. I looked around the waiting room at my eye doc appt just a bit ago and every single person was looking down at their ph... 😩

The Facebook page is the most active thing we have, next is Instagram, traffic on MUD is pretty much dead except for a few. We are close to a thousand followers on Facebook that are engaging.

1525F4A2-10A8-4F1F-A74F-E0CB19F9ADF4.png

A05D3C51-B80F-4FFA-96ED-1D7ED22A5163.png

49941D8D-FA41-4439-A335-E9428DED797A.png

DD769570-3CFA-4725-BB8E-325280EB030C.png

Thats the page through, not the "group" correct .

NTC and GMC have both abandoned their forums and are just using a facebook group. It it what people put into it. want it to be active, start making posts and sharing runs to it. Ive tossed a few things on the group page, but it seems less active than here. lol.

1614962343882.png

NTC and GMC have both abandoned their forums and are just using a facebook group. It it what people put into it. want it to be active, start making posts and sharing runs to it. Ive tossed a few things on the group page, but it seems less active than here. lol.

View attachment 2604001
A few different people over the years have started group pages but this is the official club page.

A few different people over the years have started group pages but this is the official club page.

So that would be the biggest difference the "page" is for an org to send information out, where as the "group" is a place for group members to interact with each other.

View attachment 2604001
Yeah, totally confused now. There are two? The page seems harder to use as a public forum than the group. Maybe we should just have one?

How does a post show up then? I posted a day ago, but don’t see it, and no responses

How does a post show up then? I posted a day ago, but don’t see it, and no responses

I went and found it, I didnt even know the "community" tab existed. I didnt see a way to turn on notifications or anything. May just be something you would have to know to go look for.

Also, looks like people were at those tipsy trails, I would say if that place interests you to join their FB page. Looks like they do quite a few events there.

I went and found it, I didnt even know the "community" tab existed. I didnt see a way to turn on notifications or anything. May just be something you would have to know to go look for.

Also, looks like people were at those tipsy trails, I would say if that place interests you to join their FB page. Looks like they do quite a few events there.
So if they have a fb page they must be all legal? Zoning etc for trail events. One of my friends said if not they won’t be open long.

I agree. I think like a Harris Mountain situation. Probably not a business, which is why its "by donation" Its led by people in other NEA clubs, so hopefully they a doing things correctly.

Im pretty sure its all about the $10 donation and waiver. My friend has been up there a couple of times and its packed with Jeep clubs. Im thinking its will be worth while to take a ride up that way some Saturday morning. Anyone have time in March or April to explore?

Im pretty sure its all about the $10 donation and waiver. My friend has been up there a couple of times and its packed with Jeep clubs. Im thinking its will be worth while to take a ride up that way some Saturday morning. Anyone have time in March or April to explore?
Me! Off “typically” e/o w/e w/ the next being 3/20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom