Dissent Front Bumper Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay so here is the list so far:

@SteelHunterFJ80 regular steel bumper
@jwbc84 aluminum and steel bumper
@ajax1 If can be ready by summer, steel or aluminum ajax?
@HoustonFj80 in for an aluminum/steel bumper
@SonoranCruisers for front bumper with full hoop, aluminum/steel or just steel @SonoranCruisers and finally @clx16 who has already paid for a bumper and could possibly get his built along with ours. Also aluminum I believe.

If you are all still a go, I will contact @benc and see what he says.
Please add me in for a front steel bumper. This is exciting!

Interested in a front bumper — on the fence re: aluminum vs. steel. When would you need to know material wise?

This might be a hard question to know without
comparing, but would this fit around the factory winch on a HDJ81?

This might be a hard question to know without
comparing, but would this fit around the factory winch on a HDJ81?
That is a question Ben at Dissent may need to answer. He’s a very nice guy and good about answering questions.

Dissent Offroad - 1 (530) 588-2494

edit....I sent Ben a text asking your question. Will let you know.

Last edited:
Interested in a front bumper — on the fence re: aluminum vs. steel. When would you need to know material wise?
Edit: Just realized I misread the thread and see these are for the 80 series. I have a 100 series. Still interested but assume those are in production and will check into availability. Good luck with the run!

Last edited:
@benc & @Road Apple put me down for an aluminum full bumper for an HDJ81
Assuming the HDJ81 has the same frame and body as an FJ80. They appear to be the same, but I’d want to be sure the front frame rails are the same dimensions and location.

Last edited:
Assuming the HDJ81 has the same frame and body as an FJ80. They appear to be the same, but I’d want to be sure the front frame rails are the same dimensions and location.
Im 99% sure the frame rails are the same. There are rail extensions and winch mounting plate. All are bolt on.

Im 99% sure the frame rails are the same. There are rail extensions and winch mounting plate. All are bolt on.
Ben has been making 100 and 200 series bumpers for years, but this is the first production bumper for the 80. I can’t speak for Ben, but he may not know the if there is a difference between the HDJ and the FZJ. I did a quick search and found a half dozen differences, but nothing about the frame or body being different. I agree with your 99% certainty. You should be ok, but please check and know 100% before committing. Thanks

S
Okay so here is the list so far:

@ajax1 If can be ready by summer, steel or aluminum ajax?
@SonoranCruisers for front bumper with full hoop, aluminum/steel or just steel @SonoranCruisers and finally @clx16 who has already paid for a bumper and could possibly get his built along with ours. Also aluminum I believe.

If you are all still a go, I will contact @benc and see what he says.
Full bar aluminum

I’m in for an aluminum full bar front bumper. If aluminum is not available for the group buy, then steel is OK.

Please let me know when rear bumper is available.

I’m in for an aluminum full bar front bumper. If aluminum is not available for the group buy, then steel is OK.
Aluminum is available.

Here is the updated list with the new interested parties:

@ajax1 If can be ready by summer, full bar aluminum bumper
@SonoranCruisers for front bumper with full hoop, aluminum/steel or just steel
@clx16 who has already paid for a bumper and could possibly get his built along with ours. Also aluminum
@ThinkInk in for an aluminum bumper if available but will take steel
@lisponger in for an aluminum bumper
@Bloodhound80 in for full bar steel bumper with rigid lights

Please let me know if I missed anyone, that brings us to seven but it would be great to get 10 for @benc

How many are interested in the rear bumper as well?

My order was for a front with the understanding that i would like to add the rear if it came available. However you want to package that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom