Dissent Off-Road no cut rear modular bumper install videos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone

I have put a little youtube Playlist with 5 videos on the Dissent Off-Road no cut modular rear bumper install from unboxing it to the completed bumper on the truck. I hope this helps a few who will be getting this great bumper. After waiting 18 weeks from ordering to delivery I thought spending a few hours (ok lots of hours) filming this assembly and installation was justified. As you know Instructions on the installation are still sparse, however the product Ben and his team put out is spectacular both in engineering AND execution. The wait is well worth it.

I have done my best to be as detailed as possible but this is the first time I filmed anything much less for use on youtube so..... English is also not my first language, I do make mistake but don't mean to offend anyone with my silly mistakes.

Thanks

I recently installed a dissent rear bumper and your videos give a great walkthrough of assembly. Great job and I subscribed!

I recently installed a dissent rear bumper and your videos give a great walkthrough of assembly. Great job and I subscribed!
much appreciated!

So Timely! , Mine arrived at XPO today and I'll be Grabbing them tomorrow so I can hopefully get them on this weekend!

So Timely! , Mine arrived at XPO today and I'll be Grabbing them tomorrow so I can hopefully get them on this weekend!
Awesome ! “Them” I assume front and back ! That’s going to be some sweet wrenching time. Appreciate a thumbs up and a subscribe of your so inclined.

Another question for you guys.

When drilling the 1/2" holes into the frame, how did you line it up?

Edit: maybe I should have asked in the other thread...

Another question for you guys.

When drilling the 1/2" holes into the frame, how did you line it up?

Edit: maybe I should have asked in the other thread...
Sorry for the late response. I dropped the exhaust (resonator) support on the passenger side to give me a clearer line of sight from the inside out. I used a mini level attached to the side of the drill to line it up as best as I could. you don't have to be perfect with this, you just don't want to be way off. I hope this helps. I have my spare out AND I also took the spare support cross member out since I am not intending to EVER put a spare there I thought the access was better. This gives you a ton of space there and I am actually thinking that this is the prefect spot for onboard air tank!

Great videos! I just received my front and rear bumpers from Dissent in the past few weeks. Looking forward to the final frame prep and (fingers crossed) installation of the rear bumper this weekend. I know the team at Dissent is super busy cranking out the goods, but hopefully, they can catch their breath and provide updated instructions soon.

Ask any questions !

Ask any questions !
Thanks for the videos! Watched them a couple of times now as I’m getting ready to do the install this weekend.
Did you have to cut the pinch weld on driver and passenger side or just the passenger side? TIA.

Thanks for the videos! Watched them a couple of times now as I’m getting ready to do the install this weekend.
Did you have to cut the pinch weld on driver and passenger side or just the passenger side? TIA.
Thanks so much and I am glad these help. A couple of things, in one of the video which I am about to re-upload the 4 bolts that hold the swing outs to the base bumpers are supposed to be torqued to 52 ft/lb NOT 95 ft/lb. Ben contacted me to make sure I update that part, he made the mistake in his how to guide (or the very little there is of it...) and so I edited the video and need to upload it again...

I did cut/trim both side of the pinch weld. it's very very little that need to be trimmed.

Make sure you take your time aligning the two halves so that they big bolts line up and start threading straight especially the ones that thread into the captured nuts inside the frame. Messing these up will suck for obvious reason.

Fee free to reach out along the way if you need !

Good luck. it's an awesome bumper.

Thanks so much and I am glad these help. A couple of things, in one of the video which I am about to re-upload the 4 bolts that hold the swing outs to the base bumpers are supposed to be torqued to 52 ft/lb NOT 95 ft/lb. Ben contacted me to make sure I update that part, he made the mistake in his how to guide (or the very little there is of it...) and so I edited the video and need to upload it again...
That's good to know. I torqued to 95 ft/lbs. I just checked and he's updated the instructions. I'll back them down and retorque to spec.

Last edited:
I went with 80ish I think on mine because I thought 95 on that gauge of bolt was a little excessive to be honest. I don’t think I am going to go back and loosen them at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom