What did you do on your 70 series today? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added a couple hundred kms to the odometer.

Hello,

"Do not think too much about it, put on kilometers/miles in your Land Cruiser's odometer." My mechanic told me this last year.

I think you will agree that it is good advise.

Juan

Finally "finished" the cabinets in the Troopy today. Getting the drawers to move smoothly in and out took a bit of adjustment but I'm really impressed with the turnout. I used Accuride touch slides on the drawers. They lock into the closed position and open when you press in 1/4", popping out 2". Super easy to use and I don't have to worry about the coming open while wheelin'.

Our cushion for the top comes in tomorrow and a friend whose family has owned a textile company close to Santa Fe has a vintage runner that will go in the walkway for a nice accent. All I have to do next is mount the air compressor and clean up the 12v system. While I see why Goosegear is popular, I'm really feeling the look of the birch. I'm kinda sick of seeing textured black cabinets all over the place haha.

Now to get it covered in dust and dog hair. We're going camping this weekend for a shakedown test.

TroopyBuild-63.jpg

TroopyBuild-60.jpg

TroopyBuild-62.jpg

TroopyBuild-61.jpg

Last edited:
Warm weather inspired a beach ride to a spot I haven't been to in awhile. The ever shifting sands of the outer banks revealed another treasure from the Graveyard of the Atlantic

GAK 01.jpg

GAK 03.jpg

GAK 02.jpg

These are the remains of the G A Kohler, a four masted schooner, who met her demise by running aground during a hurricane in August, 1933.

George A Kohler R27.jpg

Great photos! @Bogan

High amount of lounge vibes in these. Which Cook partner is that? 22" x 2 burner?

The GEOLOGY!

Yep! 22" Cook Partner. Best birthday present ever. Got it four years ago. That whole San Juan Valley is mind blowing.

1986 BJ73 HDJ73 for sale in Melbourne Australia. Only $79,900. AUD.
There is A LOT of want here. Buy a house or buy this...decisions

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...dcruiser-frp-lx-auto-4x4/SSE-AD-6989282/?Cr=0

2mu3d8alajquy0d9d61ghd6ln.jpg

55n70w9qppichjkb4nr055fwt.jpg

For posterity's sake.

Toyota Landcruiser BJ73, mid wheel base FRP Top, 1HD-FTE,4.2 litre turbo intercooled, factory auto 4 speed ground up restoration, body rubbed back, chassis sandblasted and repainted, current model V8 79 series front guards and bonnet Drive line is from HDJ79, coil front end using factory new brackets , rear suspension is Jmaxc coil kit from a 76 series V8,
old man emu coil springs with King by pass shocks, kings steering stabiliser, front and rear air lockers operated by factory switch and light up on dash when in use, disc brakes all round , Jmaxc brake booster, diff and gear box breathers
Engine I’d 1HDFTE with a red wheel `G turbo PDI intercooler from V8 79 series plus 50% injectors, engine has 122,000ks on it , currently tuned to 180 kw and 800 nm, brand new fuel pump, alternator ac compressor starter motor, all parts a Genuine Toyota used in the build, new radiator new condenser,

auto is from 100 series Land cruiser its been rebuilt with a custome low stall torque converter, controlled by a stand alone custom tuneable ecu compu shift 3

ARB winch bar and side rails, dual batteries , arb twin air compressor, intensity driving lights kaymar rear step with swing out carrier, brown Davis long range fuel tank, custom 3” stainless exhaust, safari snorkel, V8 air box, patriot Pcor rims 17x8.5 brand new nitto ridge grapplers 285/75/17, Interior is all new ,factory suspension reconditioned as new, custom centre console and overhead console, seats and door cards all Re trimmed, complete interior dyna matted and covered in noise liner, new carpet, new seat belts, dash repainted in factory colour, Kenwood stereo amp 4 murrel speakers no expense spared or short cuts taken Dual battery system, both optimas, red arc battery management , Anderson plug to the rear, tow pro elite brake controller 2500 kg braked towing capacity Only 400ks since rebuild

Pretty sweet HDJ73 but will it be importable?
Technically, no. EPA requires 25 year old vehicle to be in “unmodified condition” to receive federal emissions exemption. Whether the Customs guy who’ll inspect it knows that, or can tell it’s been modified is another question. Do you feel lucky?

1986 BJ73 HDJ73 for sale in Melbourne Australia. Only $79,900. AUD.
There is A LOT of want here. Buy a house or buy this...decisions

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...dcruiser-frp-lx-auto-4x4/SSE-AD-6989282/?Cr=0

View attachment 2602081

View attachment 2602086

For posterity's sake.

Toyota Landcruiser BJ73, mid wheel base FRP Top, 1HD-FTE,4.2 litre turbo intercooled, factory auto 4 speed ground up restoration, body rubbed back, chassis sandblasted and repainted, current model V8 79 series front guards and bonnet Drive line is from HDJ79, coil front end using factory new brackets , rear suspension is Jmaxc coil kit from a 76 series V8,
old man emu coil springs with King by pass shocks, kings steering stabiliser, front and rear air lockers operated by factory switch and light up on dash when in use, disc brakes all round , Jmaxc brake booster, diff and gear box breathers
Engine I’d 1HDFTE with a red wheel `G turbo PDI intercooler from V8 79 series plus 50% injectors, engine has 122,000ks on it , currently tuned to 180 kw and 800 nm, brand new fuel pump, alternator ac compressor starter motor, all parts a Genuine Toyota used in the build, new radiator new condenser,

auto is from 100 series Land cruiser its been rebuilt with a custome low stall torque converter, controlled by a stand alone custom tuneable ecu compu shift 3

ARB winch bar and side rails, dual batteries , arb twin air compressor, intensity driving lights kaymar rear step with swing out carrier, brown Davis long range fuel tank, custom 3” stainless exhaust, safari snorkel, V8 air box, patriot Pcor rims 17x8.5 brand new nitto ridge grapplers 285/75/17, Interior is all new ,factory suspension reconditioned as new, custom centre console and overhead console, seats and door cards all Re trimmed, complete interior dyna matted and covered in noise liner, new carpet, new seat belts, dash repainted in factory colour, Kenwood stereo amp 4 murrel speakers no expense spared or short cuts taken Dual battery system, both optimas, red arc battery management , Anderson plug to the rear, tow pro elite brake controller 2500 kg braked towing capacity Only 400ks since rebuild
The rear tailshaft must be so stubby.... and incorrect front end for a 1HD-FTE. Nice rig though, looks to be finished in the factory VDJ79 graphite grey which looks really nice in person.

No but if I got it here, it would be worth every penny of the ~$70K USD it costs to get it here.
I assume you are saying that because it would be worth that to you in the US? Just for reference, a brand new 2021 with the V8 diesel in Saudi with all options including winch, front and rear lockers, etc. is listed at $47,165 (USD equivalent) which means you could probably get one for somewhere between $40k and $45K. And of course these are LHD.

Here are the specs. Or at least what they call the specs.

HARDTOP DLX DSL 5DR 4x4​

• 4.5 L, 8-CYLINDER, DIESEL, 196 HP, 430 Nm
  • 5 speed manual transmission
  • Electrical Winch
  • 16" Alloy Wheels
  • Tires size 265/70R16C
  • Front Suspension Coil Spring & Rear Suspension Leaf Spring
  • Snorkel
  • Over Fenders
  • Front & Rear Differential Lock
  • Front Grill with (TOYOTA) logo
  • Front Fog Lamp
  • Rear Fog Lamp
  • Auxiliary Fuel Tank mounted on back door
  • Front Separate Seats (2 Passengers), Front Center Console, Transverse Rear Seats 3 Passengers)
  • Remote Central Door Locking
  • Central Door Locking
  • Power Windows
  • Power Side View Mirrors, Chrome Plated
  • Fabric Seats
  • Glove Box Cooling Vent
  • Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel with Wood Grain Effect
  • Wood Grain Effect for Dashboard and Interior Door Trim
  • Leather Trimmed Shift Lever with Wood Grain Effect
  • Door Pocket - Driver & Front Passenger
  • Driver Airbag
  • Front Passenger Airbag
  • Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
  • Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
  • Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
  • Floor Mats Carpet
  • GPS Navigation System: 7 Inches Touch Screen/FM & AM Radio/DVD Player/CD Player/MP3 File Compatibility/USB Port/AUX Port (Made in Taiwan)*
  • Built-in Tyre Inflator (Made in China)*
  • Wireless Charger(Made in China)*
  • Center Console (Made in China)*
  • Daytime Running Light (DRL) (Made in China)*
  • Safety Package (Made in China)*

I assume you are saying that because it would be worth that to you in the US? Just for reference, a brand new 2021 with the V8 diesel in Saudi with all options including winch, front and rear lockers, etc. is listed at $47,165 (USD equivalent) which means you could probably get one for somewhere between $40k and $45K. And of course these are LHD.

My comment was really based off the fact it is a 73 series that appears to be updated properly despite the fact it is an automatic. I think the 73/74 ceased production in 2004?

Am I the only one that gets annoyed when they swap out the flat fenders for the newer style front end? Flat fenders like a 40 has so much more style.
Owned both, liked both. Both have their appeal. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom