Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Former SH-60B Plankowner, HSL-43, in San Diego. I helped manage the MH-60S from initial design to first flight (I became an AEDO after a flight test tour).

Best of luck!

After finally scrolling past the 80 thread, found this little gem. Currently active in the Navy as a flight instructor for helos flying the oldest girl in the fleet TH-57. Got my commission in 2013, flight school till 2015 and then San Diego flying the mighty MH-60S with HSC-21. Did the whole boat thing for the first deployment aboard LHD-8 in '16 and then lived it up in hotels across Asia under an airforce command in '17 with homebase out of Oki. Got my 80 series end of last year after an interesting adventure trying to find an offroad vehicle and stumbling upon my current 80. Instantly hooked and made me realize my other vehicles don't get no where quite the love most 80 owners think things deserve. 40th anniversary, triple locked green number 0029 produced. But most importantly, thank you all that came before me, both my father and grandfather are veterans and big reasons for joining (58 years of service between the 3 of us).

Hi I'm Darren and the LC is White Sheep. She was born in the US, but purchased her while doing an embassy gig in Tajikistan. I'm a Intelligence Warrant Office with a few more yrs till retirement. Multiple deployments and moves throughout the world. Started my military career at Bragg, and it looks like I will be ending at Bragg.

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_7626.jpg

20191122_132023.jpg

20191122_141916.jpg

20200802_134816.jpg

@MyWhiteSheep Welcome to the group and welcome back to the center of the universe...Bragg. When will you be back in the area? I'm on my way out...for good this time :cool:...but still have a few months left. Hopefully see you around some of the ONSC events!

@MyWhiteSheep Welcome to the group and welcome back to the center of the universe...Bragg. When will you be back in the area? I'm on my way out...for good this time :cool:...but still have a few months left. Hopefully see you around some of the ONSC events!
I should be there on the 12th of Jan

Welcome to the highway @MyWhiteSheep Thanks for your service. I guess Ft Brag is a location that keeps asking for encore assignments, like a sticky note you can't get rid of.

Larry in El Paso

Hi Everyone,
Ed Crippen here. Did four years with the USAF long ago working voice intercept. Afterwards college and some work in automotive. Eventually took a engineering position with Chrysler Defense (sold to) General Dynamics and worked on the Abrams tank program. Probably was at every Armor & Calvary military installation on this planet more than once. Later worked the Stryker wheeled vehicle program, NBC-RV and MGS. Retired now. Fran and I are on our second marriage, have three kids and eight grand kids. A GSP dog and 1977 FJ-40 and a 2012 GX460. Live in northern Michigan. Bird dogs, boats and outdoor activity are our theme. ed

40.jpg

IMG_1438.JPEG

pod.jpg

pb.jpeg

Welcome @TCEd , Thanks for your service. Pictures, so cool.

Larry in El Paso

I have been on mud for about 10 years and just now clicked on this link. Great thread. My 40 can be seen in
“The Iron Yak” thread. To all the Veterans and your families here, thank you for your service and sacrifice.
I spent 8 years as an officer in the Army Reserve as a CRNA (66F) attached to Eisenhower Army Medical Center and served just over 6 months active duty in support of OEF/OIF at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and Darnell Army Medical Center. I resigned my commission in 2008.

Hi @Purpleaction , welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. I looked up the The Iron Yak and it did happen, cool.

Larry in El Paso

Heya all,

New to Mud as of today but not new to Land Cruisers. I am a Bagpiper, served in the Army, member of Scottish American Military Society Post 1889 and Royal Canadian Legion Post 148. In my civilian life, I am a Master Technician (Mercedes).

1983 BJ60 3B-TiC 3.4L Turbo Diesel Intercooled (turbo Intercooler of my design and build done in 2009). OME, HF55f, 31x10.5-15
2003 VW Sharan TDi 4motion AWD, 6 speed manual, 7 passenger
2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-A16

61490B3C-EE7E-45C9-BC43-7F95826FB0C4.jpeg

D2FBDF2C-20D0-44A1-945B-E4F5DB6BE4E8.jpeg

19C1B172-E6E6-4F5A-92F1-4C661836AA8E.jpeg

7793DE9A-3C70-4E10-91DD-376DCA6357DF.jpeg

Hi @heilanpiper , welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Nice BJ60 and the plow. No you can't keep the one with the UN on it.

Larry in El Paso

Hi @heilanpiper , welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Nice BJ60 and the plow. No you can't keep the one with the UN on it.

Larry in El Paso
Thank you Larry, for your service. Actually, I do own the retired UN vehicle. I am a member of Western Command, a military vehicle collectors group. It’s de-badged UN at the moment.

Hi @PacificaFJ40 , welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Very good looking 40.

Larry in El Paso

Hello all,
John here. USAF Crew Chief here and still active duty. Been in for over 19 years now and man the time has flown! Currently stationed in Germany but have an assignment to Little Rock, Arkansas next. I currently don’t have a Toyota but will be fixing that as soon as I get back to the States in June. Sold my 03 Tundra and 07 FJ before leaving in 2017.

Welcome! I spent some time in Germany about 15 years ago. In fact, I met my wife there.

I bet things have changed quite a bit, especially in the last year. Are you retiring in June, or just PCS'ing stateside?

Hi John, @SIG383 , Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Glad you stopped by.

Larry in El Paso

I've scanned through this thread before, and didn't know whether to post up a quick intro or a mini autobiography. Mike here. I did just shy of 5 years in the Army as an 11 Bravo (Infantry). I started Basic at age 27 (I was the oldest guy in my Platoon, but not the oldest in the company. it was weird). Sept 11 happened in our classes week 6 if I remember correctly (that was also pretty weird). I managed to squeak by with only one Iraq deployment '03-'04 Mosul mainly with the 3rd Bde 2nd ID (we brought the Strykers over). I got to go on a few Blackhawk rides as security detail which was really cool. My deployment was strange for me in that I got "requested" by our brigade CSM about 3 months before we flew to Kuwait. The Brigade CSM had been our Battalion CSM, and I had been the Battalion XO driver, so there was history there. I deployed with a Platoon of guys I had never met, and got thrown the position of Commo NCO for the Platoon (at the time, I was proficient in 2 of about 7 or 8 systems the Platoon had). Since we were so close to leaving, all of the equipment was already being cataloged and staged/packed which meant no state-side training for me. I think as I write this that due to not deploying with the dudes I "came up with," and joining up at a later age led to me getting out rather than spinning the military into a career of some type.
I have a '94 80 series that sits largely neglected in my driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom