What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Preemptive apologies for all of you folks having the white stuff be a daily occurrence in Winter time. But for us Southern flatlanders temps in the single digits and snow everywhere is a whole new thing. Had to fetch my son from work in the Cruiser last night. His Nissan mini truck was not meant for driving in the snow and as a relatively new driver he has never had opportunity to drive in anything but rain. Never have had to put my Cruiser in 4WD around here for anything so this is prolly one of the first times since I have had it that its been in 4WD for any length. As I post this its 12 outside with the sun shinning. I have lived here some 50 years and the lowest I have ever seen in that time around here is 8. Last night got down to 5. I know, I know.....boring. But was cool to be able to have a vehicle to get my kid safely home. Not that interesting but great to have my trusty 60 series ready for action. And its what I did with it this weekend.

IMG_6097.jpg
IMG_6094.jpg

But was cool to be able to have a vehicle to get my kid safely home. Not that interesting but great to have my trusty 60 series ready for action. And its what I did with it this weekend.

View attachment 2586232View attachment 2586234
Does a better reason really exist?
The pictures say it all.
We have been getting tons of rain and are about 7 degrees above snow.

Last night got down to 5.
The NWS website showed us at -0 degrees at one point this morning - I've never seen that before (but many years ago had to wait for the school bus in -28 degree weather under sunny skies). I've seen 0 degrees on their website, but never -0, go figure.

Preemptive apologies for all of you folks having the white stuff be a daily occurrence in Winter time. But for us Southern flatlanders temps in the single digits and snow everywhere is a whole new thing. Had to fetch my son from work in the Cruiser last night. His Nissan mini truck was not meant for driving in the snow and as a relatively new driver he has never had opportunity to drive in anything but rain. Never have had to put my Cruiser in 4WD around here for anything so this is prolly one of the first times since I have had it that its been in 4WD for any length. As I post this its 12 outside with the sun shinning. I have lived here some 50 years and the lowest I have ever seen in that time around here is 8. Last night got down to 5. I know, I know.....boring. But was cool to be able to have a vehicle to get my kid safely home. Not that interesting but great to have my trusty 60 series ready for action. And its what I did with it this weekend.

View attachment 2586232View attachment 2586234
Now go wash that road salt off somehow!

Snow and ice storm in the Cascade Foothills of Oregon. We had 4” of snow followed by 1/2”-3/4” of sleet/ freezing rain and then almost another inch of snow.
0DBA7F8F-30BC-40ED-907C-E1351F270277.jpeg

Tree fell on the power lines and snapped the top of the pole into the road with the cables.
776E2558-D716-442C-876D-E4B6CAF22F2C.jpeg

Got a crew of locals and cleared the road of fallen trees.
0ED93448-1225-4729-811C-07F18E40984E.jpeg

Used the 60 the drag the wood off to the shoulder of the road.
AF01628E-9CFE-4954-8407-09CEDD93FD2D.jpeg

Pulled trees out of the road.
E19AB240-D759-441A-A7FB-BD5CC90E6663.jpeg

Cutting the fallen trees out of the road.

The weather finally broke here in va beach with high of 68F. Ive had tank out for more than 1 week 1/2...crazy a$$ URI...couldnt work outside. With that said, i finally finished my sealing my tank with the Eastwood Gas Sealer Kit. Im waiting 48 hours to cure. I was cursed with Ethanol green crud in tank...carb didnt like it.

BEFORE
20210203_161130.jpg

AFTER
20210216_163802.jpg

Last edited:
The weather finally broke here in va beach with high of 68F. Ive had tank out for more than 1 week 1/2...crazy a$$ URI...couldnt work outside. With that said, i finally finished my sealing my tank with the Eastwood Gas Sealer Kit. Im waiting 48 hours to cure. I was cursed with Ethanol green crud in tank...carb didnt like it.

BEFORE
View attachment 2587295
AFTER
View attachment 2587296
Wow! Great job!

Wow! Great job!
Thanks.so much @cps432. What i liked about the Eastwood kit was in the 2nd to last step after the Etching you use acetone. The acetone makes everthing dry in the tank in less 5 minutes. Then you pour in the sealer. It was time consuming but I think it will be worth it.

A friend of mine had me come down to take some photos and videos of a 62 that he wants help to put up for sale soon. I was tempted to bring her home myself.
DSC03080.jpg
DSC03291.jpg
DSC03181.jpg
DSC03090.jpg
DSC03069.jpg

How do you like the Bowfin Roof rack?

Im trying to decide on this rack or the frontrunner.
Buy one, great racks by a great cruiser guy 👍🏼 Plus front runners powder coating always fails and chips off in the corners. But no experience with it besides looking at it and seeing other people use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom