Back in the saddle again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need some pics and info on the trailer. I'll text you.

Looks amazing Q

55A401E8-4095-44C8-9268-448E33782EB2.jpeg

Went on a solo adventure at the wife’s urging. Camping in 20°F requires the proper gear which I had. My challenge Friday night was the 25 mph wind gusts pushing and pulling the tent fly on the RTT keeping me awake until sometime after 2 AM.

Thanks to @TRDdrew for the new rear hatch and tailgate. He went above and beyond using his expertise to install the hatch in under an hour. I will change out the tailgate at a later date.

B58BB703-36DA-497F-9DE9-AA22C1451EE2.jpeg

869E523B-B341-447D-9001-B07C4DA043AE.jpeg

39C2B927-14F5-4B9D-B7B4-D14FABB14672.jpeg

Last edited:

Went on a solo adventure at the wife’s urging. Camping in 20°F requires the proper gear which I had.

Good life insurance policy on you perhaps :)

Sorry, that does not sound fun at all to this southern boy. LOL. What do you do, huddle around a fire the whole time. What's that come to with wind chill? Yikes, dedicated!

:beer: R

I set up the trailer & tent in less then 10 minutes. Threw my gear in and crawled into the tent. Blew up the thermorest to place on top of the mattress and climbed into my sleeping bag. Mary calls my sleeping bags my other wives jokingly. In this case, I was climbing into a 0 Western Mountaineering Versalite down bag. I was toasty warm despite the windchill being in the single digits.

If I know I am going out in these conditions all of my food is quick cook in under 10 minutes on a whisperlite stove. I take high calorie and fat snacks, think fried apple pies from the gas station, beef jerky, and mini candy bars. In subzero adventures, I use butter in hot chocolate and coffee😯

Not to hijack, but on a related note to cold weather camping food, Sarah told me that her ultralight backpacking guru said eating jerky just before bed can raise your core temp as it digests. I've wondered about that but have never researched it. Anybody else ever hear that?

I set up the trailer & tent in less then 10 minutes. Threw my gear in and crawled into the tent. Blew up the thermorest to place on top of the mattress and climbed into my sleeping bag. Mary calls my sleeping bags my other wives jokingly. In this case, I was climbing into a 0 Western Mountaineering Versalite down bag. I was toasty warm despite the windchill being in the single digits.

If I know I am going out in these conditions all of my food is quick cook in under 10 minutes on a whisperlite stove. I take high calorie and fat snacks, think fried apple pies from the gas station, beef jerky, and mini candy bars. In subzero adventures, I use butter in hot chocolate and coffee😯

Reminds me of the Scotland camping trip @GarnerFJ40 @shellb and I did. It wasn't quite that cold but the weather report had called for much more mild weather so we were all unprepared for the amount of snow, wind and cold we got. Still it was one hell of a fun trip maybe we will do another cold trip up to canada after the cruiser gets here. @QsLC75 you're welcome to join also.

I've actually always wanted to do the TLCA river shiver in Canada... if they still put that on up there.

Not to hijack, but on a related note to cold weather camping food, Sarah told me that her ultralight backpacking guru said eating jerky just before bed can raise your core temp as it digests. I've wondered about that but have never researched it. Anybody else ever hear that?

I know that if you feed chickens corn before putting them up they digest it and it does raise their body temp and keep them warm......maybe try some cracked corn first....:)

Reminds me of the Scotland camping trip @GarnerFJ40 @shellb and I did. It wasn't quite that cold but the weather report had called for much more mild weather so we were all unprepared for the amount of snow, wind and cold we got. Still it was one hell of a fun trip maybe we will do another cold trip up to canada after the cruiser gets here. @QsLC75 you're welcome to join also.

I've actually always wanted to do the TLCA river shiver in Canada... if they still put that on up there.
Every trip is a fun and memorable trip whether during the trip or after the trip. Our REI poly filled 20* sleeping bags are either too warm or too cold but have always made for some interesting mornings when waking up and trying to get warm.

With less then 5k miles until odometer hits 300k miles, I replaced the
Radiator & all hoses including Heater Ts
PCV valve
Thermostat
And added the LRA 24 auxiliary tank & pump. Ready for the next 150k-300k miles.

Slowly a few accessories have arrived and will go into or on the cruiser this weekend. Test run of the entire setup will occur shortly.

8D959996-C098-4B0E-AF86-6CEFB94258FC.jpeg

With less then 5k miles until odometer hits 300k miles......
And added the LRA 24 auxiliary tank & pump. Ready for the next 150k-300k miles.
Super cool! How was the install? That is on my want list for sure.....

I am back from over 2k mile shake down of the cruiser. Parked it with just 120 miles shy of 300,000 miles.
03DEFF38-48B2-4F7B-9C8F-ECB1172BD102.jpeg
E97B7650-376A-4F4D-85DB-8ADBA909A989.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom