Headlight Retrofit for 2008 - 2011 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

By the way here is a pic of the oversized Caps regardless of LED light brand they fit perfectly, installed the Hikari and no problem at all with AFS

20210207_142520.jpg

20210207_144814.jpg

Doesn't the plastic cap burn the leds out since the fan can't keep the led cool?
I've noticed that happen with other cars

I installed mine Nov 2018, no issues so far.

Buy the CougarMotor version from Amazon. I started using them quite a few years ago, and none of the cars I put them on have failed yet. Also stupidly bright! I'm actually replacing my LED low beams with HID in hopes of not being so blinding.
CougarMotor LEDs
Can anyone with an lx570 of the 2009-ish era comment if these CougarMotor LEDs worked out well for you? As noted the eyes of Hikari Eyes of Megatron aren’t available new anymore from Amazon and a bit skeptical of buying them used for more money than a month or two back when I put them in my cart....

looks like afgman786 has an LC so wanted to make sure the LX has clearance and the adaptive stuff doesn’t get interferes with the bulb

Can anyone with an lx570 of the 2009-ish era comment if these CougarMotor LEDs worked out well for you?

Just did all Cougar's last night on our '11 LX. I'm not a headlight geek, so bright is relative. They are certainly brighter than the halogens that came out though. No AFS issues either. Bonus, Amazon has a sale on them right now for $29.99 a piece.

High Beams
Lows and Fogs

Anyone know what bulb is half lit in the high beam lens up in the corner? Didn't get a chance to pull it out and check last night. Will eventually try to replace it with an LED as well.

PXL_20210224_012603927.jpg

PXL_20210224_020350361.jpg

Just did all Cougar's last night on our '11 LX. I'm not a headlight geek, so bright is relative. They are certainly brighter than the halogens that came out though. No AFS issues either. Bonus, Amazon has a sale on them right now for $29.99 a piece.

High Beams
Lows and Fogs

Anyone know what bulb is half lit in the high beam lens up in the corner? Didn't get a chance to pull it out and check last night. Will eventually try to replace it with an LED as well.

View attachment 2595063

View attachment 2595064
From the first post in this thread:
194, T10, W5W “Wedge” Bulb Parking Light

From the first post in this thread:
194, T10, W5W “Wedge” Bulb Parking Light

Oh duh, I guess I thought that referred to the side marker lights or something. Just put these guys in. Real nice and bright.(As well as interior lights)

PXL_20210225_000519849.jpg

I ordered a part of new headlights from China, it should arrive these days.View attachment 2596818

@tbisaacs I agree, normally I don’t love after markets, but these look great! I specifically like how these are more silvery, and don’t look to have the orange strip on the bottom, or maybe just less noticeable than the ones in link that @grinchy posted up... which also look sweet but prefer more clear corners when possible.

Last edited:
Are these for pre-2016? Can you share a link?
This headlight works for 2008-2015, I will install them on Monday. And the link @grinchy shared looks like same with mine. I order them from Ali express Chinese edition. The seller told me that DRL will work without any other line in fuse box.

I did the replacement today, but there a little bit issue about that, the headlight does not exactly fit my 2010 LX, it will cause a big gap And it cannot put the bumper back without cut some plastic parts on it. I will continue do that tomorrow.
DD2CF0D1-6A85-49D2-BA5B-D0AB52370DEC.jpeg

I finished the replacement today, it has a little gap, but it looks really cool now. (The headlight works good, I don't know why I cannot take the photo with that is whole light up)

00C91A31-A3D0-4D79-A592-2AC321AA8868.jpeg

sweet. can you take a pic of the piece you had to cut off to fit?

That makes more sense. I was pretty sure most people who had done the mid cycle refresh to their 08-11s said you had to replace the bumper and grill to get proper fitment of the 13-15 lights on the 08-11 models. Also from those threads, i believe there were some wiring differences. Do all your headlight functions work? I guess you lose AFS with this no matter what. That might have been the biggest of the wiring issues.

Looks pretty good, if you were going to do this, and get a off road bumper, probably be a good idea to just order a salvaged 2013-15 bumper and grill and update the whole look.

Do you have a shot of the whole front end from a few feet away? Also, it looks like not all your LEDs are lit on the one you do have a picture of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom