Charlotte meetings discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if I should come and drink or go back to the $hit$how in the garage and skin more knuckles.

IMG_0027.jpg

had a great turn out , hate i had to leave early. Nice see so many new faces , welcome guys . hope you stay around .
20210206_153925.jpg
20210206_153918.jpg
20210206_153936.jpg

sorry if i didn't get to meet everyone , there were alot of new faces

Nice to finally get out and see some people. Thanks to @forrest5000 for organize the meeting and @JohnVee for the goodies that he brought me.

What's the deal, Jim?
What started as chasing a small oil leak ended up with a bad engine block. I wanted to replace the gasket under the oil cooler block-off plate above the filter. When I opened the drain plug in the pan, about a half cup of antifreeze came out. :confused:

Borrowed a coolant pressure tester from Advance Auto and spent a week chasing a drip. There were no visible cracks in the heads so I pulled the pan. The drip was coming down the webbing between cylinders 5 and 7. Pulled the drivers side head and found this.

IMG_0021.JPG

The head gasket looked good, so I suspect the crack covers some distance and allows the coolant to migrate into the pan.

The engine is 10 years old, but probably only has 25k on the clock. The rotating assembly looks brand new and I think I caught it before anything got to any bearings. There was no evidence of coolant in the exhaust and the oil always looked fine.

Sooooo..... out she comes. I'm researching options at the moment, but haven't decided what to do moving forward.

Is anyone in the market for an LM4 rotating assembly? I know where you can get one cheap!

jC

I should be able to make it. Hell, all of my junk needs to be driven. Time to go rotate the battery tenders.

ahaha - I hear that - all of my batteries have been in rotation and charged in the basement for months now.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom