1966 FJ45LV Rejuvenation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many door hinges do you need?
I am not sure because I know they are all different, Left, Right, Front, Rear. I "think" I marked with a punch which hinge was which, but if they are not marked, I am not sure how to tell.

I don't remember them being different but I have a few extra and you're welcome to them. I'll check tomorrow and PM you some photos.

Getting ready for the initial fit up of the 2UZ. Clean out the engine bay of the old & unneeded then figure out motor mounts... (by the way the 2UZ is now running - see the following post!)

IMG_20210130_184308760.jpg

IMG_20210130_184330803.jpg

Last edited:
The 2UZ runs stand alone!

First start after 8 years in storage. Burning off Marvel Mystery oil that had been squirted into the spark plug holes to keep the cylinders lubricated... smoke city!

But it is running with a Spitronics Mercury2 ECU and harness stand alone.

Last edited:
The 2UZ runs stand alone!

First start after 8 years in storage. Burning off Marvel Mystery oil that had been squirted into the spark plug holes to keep the cylinders lubricated... smoke city!

But it is running with a Spitronics Mercury2 ECU and harness stand alone.
That must feel satisfying. Nice work.

Mark, Love your idea on this one. I especially like how that engine sounds without exhaust,,,the kid in me that is....Makes me think I should install the headers I bought for mine years back.

Educate me on the use of the Spitronics gear…..

Educate me on the use of the Spitronics gear…..
Basically buy a Spitronics Mercury ECU and harness, plug it into the engine, hook up a few other power wires etc and off you go. If you're handy with wiring you can buy the harness not terminated on the engine side. I opted for a fully terminated harness. Even so some of the plugs were not the correct ones so I had to do a little manual work. The Spitronics is probably the cheapest way to go for a standalone to run a 2uz. It does not have lots of engine management options like the higher end ecus do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom