Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just bought my FIRST Toyota. It is a 25 years old. I guess better late then never. HAHA.
1. Year and model of vehicle: 1995 KZJ78
2. IH8Mud Handle: specter
3. Location of vehicle: SWFL
4. Country of Origin: Japan
5. Mileage on the truck: 255,396
6. Daily usage

photos (8).jpg

photos (2).jpg

photos (1).jpg

photos (11).jpg

Here's an image of my truck at the Top of the World on the Kokopelli Trail in Utah. It (sort of) shows the Metal Tech sliders. Thank you Stan Wright for taking and sharing this cool pic and for co-leading this fantastic trip!
Peter

View attachment 959579

@peterb What kind of top is that? Did you get it afterwards or did it come with the import? Any details would be appreciated.

I had it made locally. It is a one off as far as I know. I sold it with the truck.
@peterb Understood. I'm down the road from you in Alabama. Would you mind sharing where you had it made? And what your level of happiness was? PM me if you feel the need. Very interested in having a way to drive my convertible around but still quickly throw on a top when those Alabama rains come.

Just bought my FIRST Toyota. It is a 25 years old. I guess better late then never. HAHA.
1. Year and model of vehicle: 1995 KZJ78
2. IH8Mud Handle: specter
3. Location of vehicle: SWFL
4. Country of Origin: Japan
5. Mileage on the truck: 255,396
6. Daily usage

It is funny how back then, they have ashtrays all over the interior, including the third row passengers but severely lacking cup holders.

It is funny how back then, they have ashtrays all over the interior, including the third row passengers but severely lacking cup holders.
Perhaps they thought you shouldn’t drink and smoke. 😊

Reactions: jdt
New to forums and new to Landcruiser, so you can expect alot of stupid questions. New owner of a 1971 Land Cruiser Prado JDM, short body 2 door, right hand drive. Looking forward to taking it out on the beach here in eastern NC. Believe it is a J70 turbo diesel. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I put some on.

FDQ (first dumb question} what is the proper sequence to put it into 4 wheel drive. There is a H4 button, a Hub Lock button and a second shift lever for 4H, N, 4L. Not sure of what the sequence is to put it into 4X to drive on the soft sand?

Thanks in advance for any help y'all have to share.

New to forums and new to Landcruiser, so you can expect alot of stupid questions. New owner of a 1971 Land Cruiser Prado JDM, short body 2 door, right hand drive. Looking forward to taking it out on the beach here in eastern NC. Believe it is a J70 turbo diesel. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I put some on.

FDQ (first dumb question} what is the proper sequence to put it into 4 wheel drive. There is a H4 button, a Hub Lock button and a second shift lever for 4H, N, 4L. Not sure of what the sequence is to put it into 4X to drive on the soft sand?

Welcome!
When stationary, Hub Lock button first, then either H4 button for high range 4wd, or shift from 4H to 4L on the shift lever for low range 4wd. I've never driven on soft sand, so I can't really comment on whether you'll need high or low range, but my guess would be low range if its really soft. Also, make sure to air down your tires to 20psi or below for better flotation and traction.

Beachman,
Where are you in NC? Which beach for your driving plans?

I'm in Emerald Isle, Bogue Banks is the beach I drive on normally. Sometimes take a ferry out to Cape Lookout for a day trip. Wife goes shell seeking and I try my luck at surf fishing. If you ever get up this way drop me a line and we can get together. As well as the beach we have several fire roads that go off into the Croatan National Forest, Is there any fun off roading trips down your way?

I'm in Emerald Isle, Bogue Banks is the beach I drive on normally. Sometimes take a ferry out to Cape Lookout for a day trip. Wife goes shell seeking and I try my luck at surf fishing. If you ever get up this way drop me a line and we can get together. As well as the beach we have several fire roads that go off into the Croatan National Forest, Is there any fun off roading trips down your way?
We spend more time at Fort Fisher than anywhere else. My son manages to find mud runs somewhere.

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I bought this ‘92 BJ73 after some careful consultation of this site and am glad to be joining such a generous and knowledgeable community here. I’m moving from Seattle to Albuquerque in a couple of weeks and am doing some speed learning and preventative maintenance on this apparently-awful VM 2.5 TD engine. It’s absolutely gutless, quite a bit slower than the 1.6 NA diesel Volkswagen engines I’m familiar with from my time driving MK1 Rabbits, but I’m enjoying the slower and more deliberate driving style it’s coaxed me into these past few days. Looking forward to planning and documenting an engine swap which will hopefully get started this summer, and really glad to see so many experienced LC drivers and mechanics in the Southwest. Here are some photos:

109115DA-1975-4FA6-9295-02116EF45482.jpeg
C7B494D8-1C42-4CA7-88E1-1A8F168EB9DC.jpeg
973D5BDA-363D-4ECD-9ACB-06B4AE57B9BD.jpeg
1E645E6B-59CA-42FC-92CB-0FE88C7323A2.jpeg
D1410DBC-C188-409A-97B1-FC2F9471A789.jpeg

... and yes, if you were wondering, top on my maintenance list (after that leaky hose in the engine compartment) is a cassette deck for my Thin Lizzy tapes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom