New 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ73 Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe, perhaps incorrectly, that the second latch allows a backseat passenger to open the door.
(Sorry for the temporary highjack)

kramer-mind-blown.gif

So I get in the LC last night to head to dinner and the dang passenger window wouldn’t go down..... I just replaced the dang motor!!!!

So I pull the door panel and get my 12v tester and go to work..... got power where I should and when I should but still no window up or down. Finally give up, after I’m kinda dirty and sweaty, and go eat my steak although slightly pouting over my window. As I’m driving home I keep hitting the switch thinking a miracle may happen ( it is almost Christmas!!!) but nada.

Then I moved my hand forward on the switch till I felt the 3rd switch and then it hit me ....... Damn Window Lock!!!!!!!!

yep......dummy !!!!!!

tkF037P.jpg

I added a little color to front end. Trying to locate a factory recovery point to mount on the drivers side but no luck so far.

8ZJi938.jpg
iN9nF8N.jpg
ih1rVbu.jpg

Last edited:
There are no factory recovery points. Those are tie down points for shipping, as far as I have seen
Ahhhhhh..... well I’d like another one : )

********edited......found one after a little more internet search

Last edited:
Add some safety insurance......

nU4QJwh.jpg

I added a little color to front end. Trying to locate a factory recovery point to mount on the drivers side but no luck so far.

Hello,

Actually the manual refers to them as "towing hooks," but they are strong enough for recovery.

For whatever reason, South American POs usually dispose of them. You are lucky you got one.

These hooks are sometimes available on the usual parts vendors.

Juan

Was this the one that was for sale on Bring a Trailer, out of Alabama? If so, GREAT find, even the pics on BAT did not do it justice.

Was this the one that was for sale on Bring a Trailer, out of Alabama? If so, GREAT find, even the pics on BAT did not do it justice.
Yes sir.... that’s the one. It had a few small gremlins to chase down and fix but from a novice opinion I believe it’s a great rig !!!!

Added a nice single cup holder in place of the ash tray . Took just a small amount of wood cutting and shimming but it’s a nice solid addition ..

uFWSGsj.jpg

92WJSX4.jpg

PcAsrKP.jpg

That is pretty nice custom cup holder!

Cupholdersplus.com

KUItemQty
GMTRPCK7387_2461973-1987 GM Truck Plug & Chug King Size Cup Holder Color: 246_Midnight-Black
1​

No.....the first pic is 5th gear. Here is a better view of 5th

GTXR9nL.jpg

Last edited:
No.....the first pic is 5th gear. Here is a better view of 5th

GTXR9nL.jpg
My mistake, I was referring to the transfer case shifter.

My mistake, I was referring to the transfer case shifter.
No... it clears but just be a little awkward. Of course it pulls right out if needed.

6qKFyUv.jpg

Got my driver’s side recovery point / tie down hook in. It’s slightly different shape but what the heck !!!

1hW2N9P.jpg

blECeT8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom