Bib Hinge Pin Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rmlca.ab.ca
Was this pin bare metal from the factory? What are folks doing (if anything) on a refurb/resto truck?

I'm waffling between drilling the pin out and powder-coating it it, or just greasing the crap out of it.

Mine has rust seeping out of the edges, so do something because it detracts from a good paint job, My druthers would be to make a new pin out of a stainless bolt, and coat the inside of the tubing with a good layer of POR-15.

I show the hinge having the same part number 3/69-7/80. Sure it would be the same number for later and earlier if Toyota parts went back past 3/69. This tells the earlier hinge will work on later radiator covers as Toyota calls the bib. The earlier hinges were actually a two piece setup. The pin was in the lower piece. The pin has two flat spots 180° from each other. When lowering the bib at a point could pull off or continue let it lay down. These hinges were cast iron not stamped steel. This setup would be easier to coat the pin with something to prevent rust or clean up if it started to rust.

I show the hinge having the same part number 3/69-7/80. Sure it would be the same number for later and earlier if Toyota parts went back past 3/69. This tells the earlier hinge will work on later radiator covers as Toyota calls the bib. The earlier hinges were actually a two piece setup. The pin was in the lower piece. The pin has two flat spots 180° from each other. When lowering the bib at a point could pull off or continue let it lay down. These hinges were cast iron not stamped steel. This setup would be easier to coat the pin with something to prevent rust or clean up if it started to rust.
Do you have a part #?

Do you have a part #?

53107-90300 this is the only number I see online and is not the early two piece version. I'm sure those have been NLA for a long time. Could do some digging and find the part number but sure those were discontinued even before the 40 series ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom