powder coat color code match resource (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tubalubb

what do you mean by "put it back together"?
Threads
Ok, i've looked around and can't seem to find an answer to my question. I'd like to find out how I would go about finding the powder for a given toyota paint code.

My truck is 416 Dune Beige. Most questions i've seen revolve around how to match a color relating to scratches/damage whatever. I'm trying to see if anyone knows enough about the industry to know that Toyota 416 Dune Beige is equivalent to PPG code X or whatever the powder equivalent is for a new coat.

Hope this makes sense.

tub

So we did a frame off a 68 FJ40....2017/2018... mine is (was) Colorado Beige T-451....I used Valspar polyurethane. There was (is) no direct cross reference between the Toyota paint code and their formula codes....I had several interior pieces that weren’t sun faded and they did an analysis and came up with a color match that looks period correct....but may not be exact.

Plus there is always going to be a difference between the poly paints the original Toyota enamels .

We powder coated frame/axles/skid plate...anything black....kind of a semi glossy black....that over the last two years of daily drives has settled into a nice slight matt finish....

We also powder coated the bezel and wheels the same color of Off white, brighter than cygnus white but not quite bright white....

And anything that was pewter, we powder coated, I think was like an industrial electric box silver....

Then anything we painted white....roof for instance, we color matched the polyurethane to the powder coat....same for the pewter.

Your powder coater should have literally thousands of colors the choose from....go visit and check out his samples....it’s easy to match the paint to the powder....not quite as easy to match powder to paint....

Have fun with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom