SOLD Sonoma,CA 1988 HZt-62 California registered diesel! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Color
White
Hello all!

I offer for sale my 1988 HZt-62 here in lovely and scenic Sonoma, CA. This survivor started life as a plain ol 1988 FJ62 and lived most of it's life in the California desert. I purchased this truck as a non-running candidate for a diesel swap. Body is straight and has no rust. Frame is straight and has no rust. There are a few bumps and bruises, but nothing that jumps out. I've been told it's "original condition and pretty damn straight" by a body guy. The white paint hides the bumps and bruises pretty good.

Most of the interior has been upgraded for comfort and functionality. New carpet throughout. The motor came from a canadian Mud member, originally a japanese market 1HZ that had been upgraded with a turbo and ceramic coated bits. Toyota fuel aneroid added to the top of the injection pump for tunability and control over fuel/boost curve. Rebuilt H55F, split 60 series case. Motor swap done by the evil genius @orange45 of Valley Hybrids out in Stockton, CA several years ago. If you know Georg, you know he does quality work! Rig was built to be a daily driver/long distance tourer/overlander/family camper. Kept it pretty stock looking with original bumpers. I really dig the "sleeper" rigs...
Have achieved as high as 24+MPG, usually around 18-20MPG for freeway cruising. Swapped to 3.73s for better highway cruising at Mudrak's. Truck was built well over 8 years ago..chassis has approx 310k miles, motor has approx 180k miles. Motor had approx 90k miles when purchased from Canadian Mud member via classifieds here.

Selling due to massive costs on a house remodel, PLUS this rig is too nice/straight for rubicon/trail punishment. In addition, we need to occasionally carry lots of kids, and CHP kinda frowns on just filling up the cargo area with crumbsnatchers. Bought a sweet LX470 (I know I know-sellout) to replace this classic cruiser. Seats 8...boring but functional. Ahhh adulthood.

Everything works, no issues. Pics show bent original antenna mast. OEM replacement already installed. Small bit of rubbing through paint on roof line from Thule rack mishap. Only real "dent" is on passenger rocker panel, under the snake blinder. (A small log on the trail in the Utah backcountry didn't agree with me...I'm still angry about it..)

Most importantly- this is LEGALLY TITLED AND REGISTERED diesel cruiser here in California. No smog, no issues! Regular registration, no shenanigans. Not a grey market import, no DOT issues, nada, nothing. California truck, registered as a diesel. Plain and simple. ***NOTE-California title says "D" for fuel type!

Hoping to see this truck go to a good home, as I built it with the intention of keeping it for a long time! Life is strange that way...

1988 FJ62

Toyota 1HZ with turbo.

H55F, 60 series split case

Dual battery system

Wiring upgrade for stock headlamps

OME 2.5" medium/heavy lift.

non-USA 70 series 16" OEM steel wheels

Cooper Discoverer AT3 285/75 R16

recovered front dash

upgraded front seats

new carpet throughout professionally installed

locking center console

non-USA split rear seats installed

Sony XAV-1000 double din installed (apple CarPlay)

newer speakers throughout

Waggongear tailgate storage lid, upgraded Waggongear door seals.

Price for Mud members is $35,000 USD. Cash or cashier's check.

Not interested in any trades, gotta pay the bills! I know there’s quite a wait for conversions (read; YEARS) these days and you’d drop a minimum of $30k really quick to build this rig as is IF you supplied a clean donor truck...

Send me a PM and we can start an email conversation or talk on the telephone. Test drives are ok, we will meet at Mudrak's here in Sonoma.

This is going on Bring a Trailer soon...gotta sell it!

Thanks for looking,

Seth in Sonoma, CA
19A5FB8F-D159-4840-B8FB-FC1F48BF3678.jpeg

2585006F-57B4-4B21-BEFB-A8A40DD7AA10.jpeg

81C1D65F-B80E-4340-8F58-3F260FE762B8.jpeg

EC2DB2D3-DC3B-42E0-BBCF-B1E838D11271.jpeg

8D6F5F0A-1643-4213-AF85-EBA2885E8466.jpeg

Last edited:
Accidental double post!

Also, tried to edit original post and thought it went through...the tent has been sold separately...

Can’t edit the original post...?

Last edited:
she's a peach.

someone will be glad to get her

Sent you a PM!

did this one ever end up selling? on ebay? or mudder?
It’s tentatively sold...lining up schedules. Will update thread when it’s sold. Thanks for checking in.

Sale fell through (guy found a rig next door and bailed on the sale day before he was scheduled to fly in and buy my truck). Currently going the Bring a Trailer route. Tired of people not asking wives/girlfriends/parents before committing to the sale, bailing at last minute, etc. Lotta clowns out there wasting people’s time.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom