Tactical accessories for your 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com
I wanted to gauge interest in tactical accessories for your 200. Where do you conceal in your vehicle when not on your person? What is the ideal location for driver (right handed? left handed?)

We have a relationship with a local tactical/machine shop owner who happens to be a 200-guy. They do a lot of custom stuff and I’m interested to get some feedback to him so we can get some practical products made for y’all.

Nice try, ATF...

My CCW stays on me 100% of the time but on some trips I do stash something additional in my center console. For longer range items I am curious about the trail tailor locking tailgate thing, I’d like to cut some foam for that if it’s deep enough. Blackhawk makes a quick release thing for their Serpa holsters and that’s been handy in my current vehicles and for sneaky furniture placements. Honestly, this is a rabbit hole I could get lost in.

I dont really have a use for any sort of "safe" in my 200, as my gun is either in the vehicle while driving, on my person, or in the house.... I dont care for the idea of "storing" a gun in a safe inside the truck.

With that being said, the current setup that Im running is a right hand draw Safariland ALS holster wedged into the drivers door pocket cupholder, with a CAT tourniquet setup in the main pocket of the door pocket behind the gun. The Safariland fits in the cupholder pretty well, and has enough retention that I can activate the thumb release and full grip while the gun is in the holster.

I used to keep the Safariland in the refrigerator portion of the center console, but opening the lid, and then having the whole holster flopping around in the cooler was less than ideal. I think something that I would be interested in would be some sort of insert for the cooler, but molded so that I could run my holster vertically and secured. Some sort of foam block with a cut out for the holster to slide into and stay secure could probably work.

Anything designed as a "safe" for just the gun without a holster is an accident waiting to happen in a vehicle IMO.

Secure storage would be awesome. My current set up is a Pelican laptop case with a broken down SBR and a Glock 19.

I don’t leave firearms in the car overnight, but do during the day time. At the office going to the range after work, headed into the post office, car wash, etc.

Was considering drawers just for day to day locking storage.

One of these.

I’ve had two in different vehicles and they are very well made and far more secure than most center console security products.

Eric,
I want the anti carjacking button from South Africa...

Would be perfect for escaping Peaceful-Protests.
:hillbilly:

Only need to watchfirst 10 or15 seconds-

Last edited:
Tactical trunk fur missile.

No issues leaving in the car - especially cold weather.

5B667F04-A979-4493-94E1-6B137A168CF2.jpeg

Eric,

And maybe a non-lethal version too.

Eric,

:hillbilly:

Add me to the list and plumb it to my LRA. We must think a lot alike because this was the first thing I showed my wife when she asked me what would we do if we encountered the protests that had streets and interstate blocked in Atlanta. We don’t travel through the city often but when we do we are towing our camper and have our kids and I’m not sure a bull bar would make her comfortable enough.

@Eric Sarjeant I stumbled across this on IG. Seems like a good candidate for me. LC/Lx 200’s despite their outward appearances, don’t have a ton of room below the steering column (at least for me at 6’5).

Mounting in front of the seat makes the most sense to me. It’s concealed and could be drawn reasonably quickly if the need arose.

6E74F00B-A312-4161-81A3-45996007BCF5.jpeg

Add me to the list and plumb it to my LRA. We must think a lot alike because this was the first thing I showed my wife when she asked me what would we do if we encountered the protests that had streets and interstate blocked in Atlanta. We don’t travel through the city often but when we do we are towing our camper and have our kids and I’m not sure a bull bar would make her comfortable enough.

Wasn’t fully serious, but iDso think that even a brief, 1/4 second blast would send anyone jumping back...and that’s all the time you need. No one dies, and away you go... But we’d Be the onego to jail, so it’s just a little pipe dream. :meh:

Last edited:
Be nice having something to mount on the side of the center console by the knee. I know they sell some a molle panel thing for Tundra and other rigs that you could clip your holster too. Maybe one for a LC? Be quicker to draw from there than the hip with a seatbelt

Something that could hold the holster too would be cool. I would love to be able to store a holstered pistol in the truck with quick access from the driver seat not in the center console. I don’t carry all the time, but having something in my truck I could grab and strap on would be awesome. It needs to be secure and out of sight. No matter what you believe having a firearm on you all the time is inconvenient and while not as good as having it on you having it with in arms reach is better then it locked at home.

@Eric Sarjeant another thing I have been considering making recently is why not make an aluminum overhead console for the 200 that that could mount under the sunroof? Most of us have racks on our trucks so we never use the sunroof and having one of those overhead consoles like you see in the 70s series would be a great pleat to mount radios and get back space. I feel like you could easily make it clamp in between the sunroof panel and the headliner so its removable if you ever wanted to get rid of it. This would be a must have accessory in my opinion if someone could come up with a good solution

Wasn’t fully serious, but iDso think that even a brief, 1/4 second blast would send anyone jumping back...and that’s all the time you need. No one dies, and away you go... But we’d Be the onego to jail, so it’s just a little pipe dream. :meh:
I figured some sarcasm was implied as it is in my response.

I figured some sarcasm was implied as it is in my response.

Absolutely with ya.. :) I’ll be interested to see what ideas pop up in this thread.

A locking center console like a Tuffy box . The cooler box is a nice novelty but secure storage is more important to me.

Last edited:
I own a ton of firearms of all types and have a concealed carry permit. I consider myself a well trained, proficient shooter in pistols, long range rifles and AR platforms. I shoot some type of firearm a few times a week, often more during hunting season. I have the distinct privilege of training with active SOF folks a handful if times a year thanks to my job.

That said, I have never felt the need to create some sort of storage solution in a vehicle for my firearms. Statistically, the odds of my LC getting stolen with a firearm in it are exponentially higher than me requiring a firearm to defend myself. The odds of a nervous law enforcement officer shooting me because I have a concealed weapon in my car are also higher than me needing to shoot a bad guy near my vehicle--this coming from SWAT friends.

My friends in the SOF world all say the same thing...only carry if you intend to kill someone and generally speaking, I'm not afraid to admit that I don't intend to kill anyone. Their second rule is if you're going to carry a weapon, anything that's not chambered is simply a dead man's gun, and I don't feel comfortable with a chambered firearm in my vehicle.

I do put one of my handguns in my center console from time to time as I've had to put down deer after collisions, and I'll carry a 1911 on archery hunts, but thats the extent of it. When I transport hunting rifles or ARs, they're in their respective hard cases. Shotguns simply ride on floor in their soft cases. Nothing stays in my truck overnight, ever, and I try to never leave a firearm in my truck if I can help it, save a quick run in the mart to get a Copenhagen or the like.

I don't intend to infringe upon anyone's rights nor even change anybody's mind, but maybe offer some food food for thought. It's all fun and and I do love firearms but as Clint once said, a man's got to know his limitations. To me the risk of someone (thief, kid, etc.) getting their mits on my firearm far outweigh the probability of needing one in self defense. But for each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom