What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. You like the Fakens?

You should post some more pictures further away. Truck looks great.
How's this?:

IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG

New brakes all around. Nothing fancy, just oem rotors and pads. Seem to work fine for my style of driving, and since this is only the second time I’ve changed them in 188k miles I’d say they last. In the last few weeks I’ve added a few odds and ends, Blue Ridge Overland attic, a second set of traction boards (Actiontrax), led reverse light bulbs, an Indeflate four hose unit...really slick. Oh, and for absolutely no good reason other than the 5 extra horsepower...a TRD shift knob:p:cheers:

Picked up a new to me 1978 FJ40

IMG_4695.jpeg

IMG_4698.jpeg

Making the 200 look funny, so I can get the tires replaced with "winter" tires on the stock rims. KM3s ain't gonna cut any snow or ice.
Definitely been skipping leg day

20201219_143710.jpg

20201219_143724.jpg

As I think it should from the factory. Firm, but not too firm, and controlled. Can definitely feel the road more and it feels much more stable. Nose dive is gone during braking.
I would be curious to compare those with OME Nitroshocks. I have them and they feel exactly how you are describing. No nose dive, more control and more road feel.

You might want to think about protecting those rears from rock strikes somehow. Might have to be custom though, with those reservoirs low and forward.

Concur on that. Heck driving around Houston you need them. Lol

Concur on that. Heck driving around Houston you need them. Lol

Can confirm, I lived in Houston a few years ago and drove an Altima at the time. Was on 290 near Cypress and hit a child’s wagon in the middle of the highway. Got jammed in my undercarriage and was a total mess!

After driving about 100 miles on my new LC installed new tires. Nokian Rotiiva AT plus in 285/65r18. Should be good in snow. They are a bit lighter than most other E rated AT, at 50.5lb. First impression the are very quite.

View attachment 2520629
[/QUOTE
After driving about 100 miles on my new LC installed new tires. Nokian Rotiiva AT plus in 285/65r18. Should be good in snow. They are a bit lighter than most other E rated AT, at 50.5lb. First impression the are very quite.

View attachment 2520629
Nice. Those are well-reviewed. Are you on stock suspension? Any rubbing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom