100 Series Slip Indicator Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I am relatively new to Land Cruisers and have had mine now only for a few years (2001 100 Series). Recently I had a strong leak in the floor board of my cruiser and have now been having the slip indicator light coming on randomly during the course of my drive. The light coming on can at times be followed by just a wailing alarm (like a beep beep beep), or an alarm followed by a violent shaking of the entire body. It happens on straightaways going fast and slow as well as curves like on ramps. When it is just the alarm and I am turning or have just turned if I turn my steering wheel the opposite direction of my turn or the turn I just completed then the alarm ceases. If anyone can give me some direction into where my problem may lie I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks

Wheel bearing lock nut is too loose.
Steering rack bushing gone bad

I'd bet on bearings as well. You can jack the wheel off the ground and check for play by shaking it, or keep the wheel on the ground and just remove the hub flange and feel by hand if the adjusting and lock nuts are loose.

Hello I am relatively new to Land Cruisers and have had mine now only for a few years (2001 100 Series). Recently I had a strong leak in the floor board of my cruiser and have now been having the slip indicator light coming on randomly during the course of my drive. The light coming on can at times be followed by just a wailing alarm (like a beep beep beep), or an alarm followed by a violent shaking of the entire body. It happens on straightaways going fast and slow as well as curves like on ramps. When it is just the alarm and I am turning or have just turned if I turn my steering wheel the opposite direction of my turn or the turn I just completed then the alarm ceases. If anyone can give me some direction into where my problem may lie I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks
Have you fixed the problem? It happens to me recently and I'm wondering what could be the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom