FJ60/FJ62 Heavy Duty Battery Cable Sets (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally installed my kit. No joke, turns over better, windows faster. Probably doesn’t hurt cleaning grounds in process. But very pleased!

Received my kit from @Fourrunner on Saturday morning. This is a truly impressive set of cables. No time to install them this weekend, but hope to find a spare couple of hours this week to put them on.
Fourrunner responded to my initial PM almost immediately, was very helpful, and got my cables to me so quickly that I was shocked.
Thank you!

Let me know if you have any issues during the install!
Will do. Thank you again. I'll post up some pics when I've got the new cables installed.

I ordered a heavy duty cable kit for my '62 from @Fourrunner. First off, as noted above, the quality is amazing.

The reason that I ordered the kit is that I wanted to go over my major ground points, replacing old cables with the new ones... because my dash voltage gauge started jumping when I came to a stop and engaged the turn signal and got worse when other accessories/lights were in use. From what I've read on the forum, this can be a typical issue, but it bugged me. I took my truck into a "professional" a couple of weeks ago, hoping that it would be sorted, but they could not diagnose anything wrong.

Learned a lesson. Better always, if I can, to do it myself.

Anyway, as I started to replace my grounds with the new cables, when I got to the firewall to cylinder head connection, it was connected to the fire wall, but not to the cylinder head. It was just hanging there... Ticked me off that I paid for someone to look at my electrics and this wasn't found.

Replaced starter to frame ground, and the battery to body ground. Haven't had time yet for the + and long - cable install.

Even so, when I started up my truck, dang, it turned over beautifully - stronger than it ever has - and my bobbing gauge issue was all but cleared up. Hopefully over the long weekend, I'll get the last two cables installed.

So glad that I made this purchase. Thank you Fourrunner!

A happy Thanksgiving to all,
O.N.

I've had my cable set for my '88 FJ62 for a few months now, so I guess it's finally time to sing the praises of Mark and his beautiful craftsmanship.

Cables are awesome. I was not expecting something so well-built, to be honest. I'm still installing, mostly because my process is piecemeal, what with twin 7 year old boys, home schooling, etc. So each day around 4pm, I go out for 15 minutes, work on what I can, email Mark my inane questions, he replies with what then seems like obvious answers, and I trod on. Overall, the installation is fairly straightforward, but with my novice knowledge of the 62, it's taking a bit longer. It's also hard to remember where I left off yesterday. :-D

Thanks again, Mark. Very much appreciated!

Michael

At long last, got all of my cables from @Fourrunner installed on my '62. It starts like a champ, and the "bouncing" that I was getting on my dash gauge is all but gone (I know it's not and accurate gauge, but the "bounce" sure was annoying). These cables made a night and day difference in my truck. Cannot recommend these enough and couldn't be happier with the results. Thank you!

These things are beefy! I’m mid-install right now - only the positive run to the starter left to go. I’ll report back later after it’s it’s all done.
59083D9C-4A94-42BA-B775-FABD1DE4571B.jpeg

3AC8DEB8-C9F5-4C2A-AC90-E897471CA1D6.jpeg
60BA24E0-E686-4CC2-905B-77A5D2D331D0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom